To Brisneyland

Stillwater

I followed Martyns advise and left Noosa Heads quickly, though my ladies did enjoy the Café Latte bars up there...

2017-11-4_22-11NoosaHeads.jpg
2017-11-4_22-13YNSH.jpg

Should be space enough for a German towel on Peregian Beach...
2017-11-4_22-16PeregianBeach.jpg

Mooloolaba. Has there been a discount on O´s when these Aussies named their cities? Toowoomba or Mooroopna or...

2017-11-4_22-21Mooloolaba.jpg

... Caloundra. OK, just one O. But always worth a stop.
2017-11-4_22-24Caloundra.jpg
2017-11-4_22-31YCDR.jpg

... and an equipment change, as my next destination is one of the most famous frame rate- and VAS-graves in FSX...

2017-11-5_14-13Caloundra.jpg
2017-11-5_14-14-46-895.jpg
2017-11-5_14-15-37-464.jpg

A short look at Glasshouse Mountains...
2017-11-5_14-16GlasshouseMtn.jpg

... and OZx´s Caboolture, ...

2017-11-5_14-24Caboolture.jpg

... before arriving at the endless sea of houses of Brisneyland.
2017-11-5_14-34Brisbane.jpg
2017-11-5_14-43CBD.jpg

The plane change to the default C172 pays off, no trouble arriving in YBBN.

2017-11-5_14-44YBBN01.jpg

Well done Gerold, I think the o's were a premonition all those years ago of the oom's we were going to experience when flying in FSX and the earlier P3D's.

You have done well to spell those names and now I think you will need to replace your keyboard as the "o" key must be worn out along with the "v."

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Well done Gerold! Great shots and narrative:).

Very brave of you to name all of these places! Let's hope that Martyn agrees! ;)

Thanks Paul and as Brucie used to say, "didn't he do well!":)

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Amazing series of shots Gerold! :)

Thank you, Adam!

22 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Gerold! Great shots and narrative:).

Very brave of you to name all of these places! Let's hope that Martyn agrees! ;)

Thanks, Paul. I knew it is always kind of dangerous to name places you have not been before. Plan-G helps a bit, sometomes even GE. But the final proof, indeed, is the next comment.

21 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Well done Gerold, I think the o's were a premonition all those years ago of the oom's we were going to experience when flying in FSX and the earlier P3D's.

You have done well to spell those names and now I think you will need to replace your keyboard as the "o" key must be worn out along with the "v."

Thanks Paul and as Brucie used to say, "didn't he do well!":)

Yu are ttally right, my friend, thse tw keys are really wrn ut in the meantime. Hpe I can eer use them again!

19 hours ago, BradB said:

Never heard of it , but you captured some nice shots along the way Gerold . :(:o:D

Cheers

John

Thank you Brad. I hope you Aussie trip is also just postponed, not cancelled? Perhaps we even meet down there sometime...

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great tour Gerold and I love those quaint Down Under names, they're never boring.  And bonus points for the name of your post.  Do they really call it Brisneyland?  :lol:

Great views and great names of those places down under, indeed.

The nickname of Brissie is at least quoted in the German wikipedia, see the 3rd paragraph here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brisbane 

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, Adam!

Thanks, Paul. I knew it is always kind of dangerous to name places you have not been before. Plan-G helps a bit, sometomes even GE. But the final proof, indeed, is the next comment.

Yu are ttally right, my friend, thse tw keys are really wrn ut in the meantime. Hpe I can eer use them again!

Thank you Brad. I hope you Aussie trip is also just postponed, not cancelled? Perhaps we even meet down there sometime...

The nickname of Brissie is at least quoted in the German wikipedia, see the 3rd paragraph here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brisbane 

OZ is not in the cards right now , but hopefully someday . After some set backs (no pun intended) with my back over the Summer , it has been doing quite a bit better as of late . My sister told me about a supplement called Curamin that has really helped me . :):)

John

2 hours ago, BradB said:

OZ is not in the cards right now , but hopefully someday . After some set backs (no pun intended) with my back over the Summer , it has been doing quite a bit better as of late . My sister told me about a supplement called Curamin that has really helped me . :):)

John

Gosh John, I hope you'll be okay.  My back sometimes hurts after hikes, like now after today's 4 hour walk, but I can only imagine the pain you feel.  :(

Dang, wish I could read German!  I can't even read Esperanto! 

Archived