EU Netherlands TrueEarth - alpha shots!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Asheroo said:

Do you have any shots of Netherlands in AFS2 or is that a little further down the track?

Yes, what was the order of release again for FTX Netherlands: I am sure it's posted somewhere but I can't find it anymore. Will it be P3D first and the AFS2 or...?

These looks are really impressing! A nitpicking question: if I didn't miss any, then it seems all buildings have straight walls. Will you be able to model houses, office buildings etc. with rounded walls? Of course it can be that there are no such buildings in real life on the location of your pictures. B)

On 03/02/2018 at 9:28 PM, Hakkie said:

These looks are really impressing! A nitpicking question: if I didn't miss any, then it seems all buildings have straight walls. Will you be able to model houses, office buildings etc. with rounded walls? Of course it can be that there are no such buildings in real life on the location of your pictures. B)

Yes we are adding over 100 CityScapes and towns to NLD and all buildings will reflect their actual shape as in real life.

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes we are adding over 100 CityScapes and towns to NLD and all buildings will reflect their actual shape as in real life.

Impressive, I'd buy just to see how thats done given the p3d autogen sdk limitations :) (quite apart from the fact it looks bloody good)

48 minutes ago, GSalden said:

John , some teaser screenshots please :)

Yes, please. ;) And can someone tell me for which platform FTX Netherlands will be released first? Aerofly FS 2 or Prepar3D? I remember reading about it but I can't find that post anymore.

We will start official beta testing next week on the 18th February. Iain Emms and John Lovell with be posting proper shots from the near-finished product at that time. This will be from P3Dv4.2. The launch version will be FSX/P3D with AFS2 to follow later this year and X-Plane a possibility.

18 minutes ago, John Venema said:

We will start official beta testing next week on the 18th February. Iain Emms and John Lovell with be posting proper shots from the near-finished product at that time. This will be from P3Dv4.2. The launch version will be FSX/P3D with AFS2 to follow later this year and X-Plane a possibility.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to it! I suppose I will buy it for P3D anyway then. ;) I am currently reinstalling my entire PC (from scratch), specially for P3D 4.2, so I will have a nice clean system when FTX Netherlands arrives. :) 

Aaahh, I was so much looking forward to this scenery on X-Plane..... and it looks like it has dropped from a development to a possibility.

I am running P3D and ASF2 too (so I will buy it anyway) but as said I was really looking forward to the X-plane version.

I fly with Oculus and X-plane gives me the best overal experience. The flightmodels, the visual details of the aircrafts (especially the modded default C172 and Zibo + RG  modded 737), the sounds etc. etc. are stunning. ASF2 beats the other sims on framerates but the planes are much more sophisticated in X-plane and P3D.

Please, please bring this scenery to X-plane as well.

Jeroen

Oh it’s definitely a strong possibility for X-Plane, we have areas in alpha build stage already. The main issue is one of resources. We are a smaller team than people realise and embracing 2-3 new platforms means that it will take years until we get to a stage of multi-platform parallel development and releases. The good thing is that most of the work done for the single-season AFS2 version will translate easily enough to X-P. All of the 3D objects we have made can port straight over as well.

Sounds like your team is definitely got "workflow" down and I would imagine a slew of helpful tools to make that happen.  So I guess this is proof that PR can look good in P3D V4.2 and other devs need to figure it out :)  ...

Excellent work as always ... if you can retro-fit some of the existing Airports that have some PR that would certainly do wonders for blending.

Cheers, Rob.

15 hours ago, John Venema said:

The good thing is that most of the work done for the single-season AFS2 version will translate easily enough to X-P. All of the 3D objects we have made can port straight over as well.

Mixed feelings about this. Very glad you're working towards region-level scenery for xplane, disappointed they won't have seasons. Understand this is an endemic XPlane issue though.

Will continue patiently waiting for news of FSW development...

On 2/10/2018 at 12:00 PM, John Venema said:

Great! Looking forward to some new screenshots and release of course. :)

On 14-2-2018 at 3:44 PM, John Venema said:

We will start official beta testing next week on the 18th February. Iain Emms and John Lovell with be posting proper shots from the near-finished product at that time.

Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue... :rolleyes:;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I saw somewhere there's around 1200-1300 windmills in the Netherlands (please correct me if I'm wrong) but don't worry, I don't expect you to model each and everyone of them. :-)  I have been to Zaanse Schans, and I know there's a place called Kinderdijk, which have a large collection of them. Are there any plans of including them in the scenery? 

And how's the beta test doing, any chances of new screenshots?

20 hours ago, John Venema said:

Hundreds of new screenshots coming very soon from the current beta, we have an embargo on screenshot until then.

Cool! (The upcoming screenshots, not the embargo. ;) ) Will those be from FSX/P3D only or also already from AFS2? As far as I am concerned this is the most anticipated scenery addon in years. Can't remember being so excited about a scenery addon since FTX Norway and this one will be even better!

Im pretty new to Orbx and flight sims, only had the global products before. This scenery though will be an instant buy.

Sale has come at a good time, going to surround the Netherlands with GEN, GES, England and Norway to get myself Orbx ready!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎-‎2‎-‎2018 at 9:49 PM, Hans Bodde said:

it's half february now :)

On ‎18‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 6:15 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, I feel sure that they will be available as soon as they are ready.:)

Its almost the end of March...    

Archived