EU Netherlands TrueEarth - alpha shots!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 02/11/2017 as 12:12PM, John Venema said:

"We can match all building footprints precisely. There is still some work to do to refine things, for example most Dutch people live in row houses (I grew up in one), not detached houses. So working within the limitations of the autogen building system we will refine the buildings to more closely resemble Dutch row houses.

These shots here are closer to the ground - notice how unique buildings are shaped exactly how their footprint is (the large industrial building with a circular courtyard in the last shot). You can also see smaller vegetation footprints surrounding crop fields.

And yes, we will have the tulip fields showing from April-May for the season "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the shot referred to (seemingly it has disappeared as has John's post replying to me, the only copy as above was quoted in my reply back to him?) was subsequently identified as from Xplane (simple mistake, no criticism here), could you clarify whether the P3D version of NL will be able to incorporate the same type of autogen buildings (ie: the large industrial building with the circular courtyard) in the same manner, or whether the tech won't accommodate this please? :)

Cheers K

• 2 weeks later...

This is wonderfull news and a major step change for the flight sim world...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel this technology is being tested on recent releases...I'd go so far to say since Bilbao...

There appear to me no more roads slicing through industrial buildings or roads going into the middle of flat fields to a roundabout...everything looks like its where it should be.

Dave

On 02/11/2017 at 12:04 PM, John Venema said:

Some of them. Pacific Northwest (excluding Canada) will be the first. We are looking into other new USA regions being photoreal as well.

Here are some very early pre-alpha shots of our PNW photoreal tests, no autogen here as yet.

re pre-production testing shots only, a long way from the final product but I wanted to share this so you know we're already working on it for FSX/P3D and AFS2.

Those look absolutely gorgeous, John!

By far my favorite Orbx region.

I finally purchased AFS2 this week along with Innsbruck and Chicago and finally see why you were (are?) so excited about that sim.

Incredible look and performance , especially with Orbx's contribution.

If you can throw some autogen buildings about the AFS2 PNW world and make it possible to buy ports of all of the PNW airports and include reasonable facsimiles of all/most other airports like KSEA and KPDX I'll be in flight sim heaven!

Steve

On 05/12/2017 at 6:26 PM, Hans Bodde said:

Are there any new screenshots? A bit of a teaser? :)

NL_PR_064.jpg

NL_PR_068.jpg

NL_PR_084.jpg

Status update:

Autogen trees are now complete for the whole country, and 85% of buildings are placed. Unique building textures for the Netherlands are being made and many POIs are being modelled. A 5m mesh has been added, traffic is being added, plus wind farms, power lines, and other vertical obstructions. All airports have been upgraded and glider fields added. Dykes and other irrigation infrastructure are also been added.

Overall, progress is very good and we should be in beta testing by Xmas or maybe sooner.

On 2017/12/10 at 11:01 PM, John Venema said:

NL_PR_064.jpg

NL_PR_068.jpg

NL_PR_084.jpg

Status update:

Autogen trees are now complete for the whole country, and 85% of buildings are placed. Unique building textures for the Netherlands are being made and many POIs are being modelled. A 5m mesh has been added, traffic is being added, plus wind farms, power lines, and other vertical obstructions. All airports have been upgraded and glider fields added. Dykes and other irrigation infrastructure are also been added.

Overall, progress is very good and we should be in beta testing by Xmas or maybe sooner.

Orbx might better consider the "early access" mode which is now so fashionable in Steam.

I hope airport developers use a similar color palette from that of Orbx Netherlands when they make their airports in the future, much like FTX Global is the "industry standard" for color matching in other regions. Of course one of the major developers Amsterdam scenery is already on the market so I hope Orbx will blend well with those colors. I am more worried about another big developer making Maastericht, Rottrerdam and Lelystad. Would hate flying around in a beautiful Orbx Netherlands environment and then approach their airport only to find the photoreal surrounding colors much darker or lighter.   

On 11/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, J van E said:

Well, if you add Belgium and Luxembourg you might as well add France too. And Spain maybe...? Portugal? Africa? 

Just kidding. ;) 

I think there's quite a difference in area between Belgium, and bigger countries like France, Spain or Africa... Even in a Mercator projection.

But apart from sarcasm, I think the question was never answered or I missed it, how much of Belgium will be included?

John ,

Will the scenery have multiple seasons ?

Normally the Netherlands is green in all seasons.

The default ground textures and imho even the FTX Global textures are looking to brownish in fall and winter.

Especially for western europe.

So I have renamed all summer textures from FTX Global and FTX Germany to fall and winter and now western europe is looking great . All Hard Winter textures I left alone . 

regards,

Gerard ( Netherlands )

30 minutes ago, GSalden said:

John ,

Will the scenery have multiple seasons ?

Normally the Netherlands is green in all seasons.

The default ground textures and imho even the FTX Global textures are looking to brownish in fall and winter.

Especially for western europe.

So I have renamed all summer textures from FTX Global and FTX Germany to fall and winter and now western europe is looking great . All Hard Winter textures I left alone . 

regards,

Gerard ( Netherlands )

Just bother to read John's initial post to this topic and you question will be answered! ;)

13 hours ago, wolfko said:

Just bother to read John's initial post to this topic and you question will be answered! ;)

Thanks Wolfgang .

However I hope that all 5 seasons will not be included in the same bgl files as that makes it impossible to maintain the green in fall and winter.

By that I mean : making the photo tiles brownish for fall and winter to match the FTX Global coloring , which already is to brownish for western Europe.

It would be great if we can manually choose to keep a certain season.( regardless of the season in Fs )

Regards,

Gerard

the-netherlands-kamerik-windmill-in-pold

9 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Well Hans......you recognized most of them, did you...?

I recognized some, but not all, far from that this time.

Fred

Nope, didn;t recognise too many, but I noticed the overall quality and the new region-specific autogen etc. It's just completely believable!

So many new nice Orbx sceneries announced and released but I am waiting patiently for Netherlands photoreal and will fly there exclusively when released. In fact now while we wait I am adding manually all Dutch AI commercial traffic to p3d v4 so I will have all airlines flying in Dutch airspace realistically represented. Lots of work finding models and textures but many great sources available.

If I remember JV said it was possible Netherlands photoreal would go in to beta by Christmas or even before so I imagine it cant be that many months away until we see it in the Orbx store, good times :) 

Mike

We're hoping for a January release but don't hold me to that. The biggest tasks to complete are the hundreds of POI models requested by customers, so the more of those we add, the longer the project will take to complete. At some point I'll ask the team to release it as-is and add more POIs to a free service pack. Those models will also be used for the XP and AFS2 versions.

Archived