how to confirm installation of orbx ftx global base and what is the problem of stopping some of prepar3d vehicle after download orbx

bulca

Hello. I am a student who develop simulation model.

I am new of this.

1. I downloaded orbx ftx global base pack, and installed of that.

However, I don't know how to confirm installation of orbx.

Q) How to confirm whether installation?

2. As I told, I have a model of aircraft.

It worked before I downloaded orbx, but when I checked vehicle model in prepar3d it shows like this.

image.png.3ddeff732926107fee22fea9bd3c8239.png

It means 'working is stopped. Close program and inform whether having solution or not.'.

Only my model has problem of this.

Q) If there are some solutions, I want to know.

3. My model is not working, so I wanted to try remove ftx global.

On the other hand, I couldn't find uninstall file or remove the file.

Q) Please explain how to uninstall orbx file.

Please understand of my knowledge of this.

Thank you all in advance.

Hello,

Q) How to confirm whether installation?

A) Hard drive - P3D - Orbx - FTX Global.    +    have you installed the Orbx Libraries ?

Q) My model is not working, so I wanted to try remove ftx global. On the other hand, I couldn't find uninstall file or remove the file.

A) Start FTXC3 - FTX Global Range click on the icon =  FTX Global Base Pack at the bottom = Remove this product = click on the uninstall button

Smudger.

3 hours ago, bulca said:

@smudger Thank you for your answers. 

I installed the Orbx Libraries. In my Orbx file, there is not FTX Global floder.

image.png.68d8af0e25c11cbb3e033ac730adbfc5.png

image.png.ea9df8c12d191ed7b55d719dc373e3b1.png

I tried your way, but I only found 'Install Product'. There is no more other button.

image.png.0b72b716bab4b138b83dbea20bd4c6e9.png

What I mean is remove all of the file. However, files still exist.

Hello bulca,

It would appear that you have not installed Orbx Global Base, it would show in FTXC3 as installed and up to date.

Your picture of P3D - Orbx shows you have installed FTX AU Australia and FTX OLC which covers Europe and North America, not Global Base.

"What I mean is remove all of the file. However, files still exist."    =   Check in User Documents if there is a FTX Global User Guide, this will show whether it was installed or not.

Possibly while attempting to install Global Base something has affected your model of aircraft.

I would recommend at this time installing Global Base and checking in FTXC3 that it has installed correctly, then check in P3D your model aircraft, if there is still a problem reinstall your model aircraft.

As Triplane said Global Base pack is textures and as Nick said Libraries are required to pull it all together.

Smudger.

On 2017. 10. 25. at 9:36 PM, smudger said:

Hello bulca,

It would appear that you have not installed Orbx Global Base, it would show in FTXC3 as installed and up to date.

Your picture of P3D - Orbx shows you have installed FTX AU Australia and FTX OLC which covers Europe and North America, not Global Base.

"What I mean is remove all of the file. However, files still exist."    =   Check in User Documents if there is a FTX Global User Guide, this will show whether it was installed or not.

Possibly while attempting to install Global Base something has affected your model of aircraft.

I would recommend at this time installing Global Base and checking in FTXC3 that it has installed correctly, then check in P3D your model aircraft, if there is still a problem reinstall your model aircraft.

As Triplane said Global Base pack is textures and as Nick said Libraries are required to pull it all together.

Smudger.

Hello! 

Thank you everyone.

I think I have to refund.

I saw Orbx refund site, but I don't know where to send. If you know where to send a message, please tell me.

Archived