ORBX VECTOR stutters in EGSQ

Breenild

Hey guys,

I have the problem, that ORBX Vector for P3D v4 stutters really hard at EGSQ Airport.
it does not matter, if I'm on the runway or flying in an airliner in 30.000ft.

Please have a look at my video:

Can you please tell me, how to deactivate the Vector - .bgl file for this region?

Or do you have a different solution for this?

• Like 1

• Nick Cooper changed the title to ORBX VECTOR stutters in EGSQ

Its not an issue unique to P3D, as the lock ups and freezes around the Clacton VOR area have been reported by several FSX users (myself included) over the years. It IS a FTX Vector issue, and has been identified as being a specific 'water bgl' problem by member Gypsy Baron.

I assume that not everyone is experiencing this, and coupled with the fact Vector updates are pretty infrequent at best, its highly likely to be addressed. The problem doesn't manifest on my PC when using UTX, but If you do a search for Clacton stutters, you'll find a few threads discussing the issue.

Also experiencing this just now and only way to resolve is disable Vector CVX + EVX or remove the bgl file (4813_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl) Although it then causes issues with coastline near netherlands.

ORBX please resolve this as it's come and went for years, I only resolved it last time by installing FTX England but I don't wish to use regions just now only Global, OpenLC and Vector.

If anyone is able to send me the 4813_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl file I could try it incase it's a corruption as the freezes only occur when its used, if I delete the BGL no freezes occur but then obviously I have issues with the coastline of the UK & Netherlands in that area.

Update; Uninstalled and re-installed fresh both from a zip file and also from Orbx servers through FTX Central and same issue occurs, it seems that somehow this file above is conflicting with something within P3D or FSX Scenery library - would appreciate support reach out please since this is the only support method provided?

Hello,

as has been mentioned, this is not a new issue.

I have no idea why the developers of Vector, Pilot's, have not addressed this in the past,

I see topics from over three years ago and passed to the developers but the issue appears to remain.

I understand that they are at some point going to produce a Vector 1.60 but no sign yet and no indication

as to whether this will be addressed in any case.

In which case I'd like this raised for a hotfix then as it's essentially making the product not fit for this use and there's no reason why it hasn't been addressed yet. My purchase agreement is with ORBX for this so I'd expect ORBX to fix it or remedy this.

I note you're the moderator Nick, can you please pass a message onto the developers accordingly to bring this to their attention again and follow up as to when we will see a fix - I'd be happy to guinea pig any fixes as right now I've got a product thats 80 Dollars (AUD) and can't be used.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan.

Please don't lecture me.

I have spent years in this forum attempting to provide the missing support.

I have explained who is responsible for this fix and reported it yet again.

Everyone has to pay for Vector and I do not need to be reminded that

in the case of Vector, I am also a paying customer with reservations about

the level of support that it is given.

You should clearly understand that:

1.This problem appears to have been raised well over three years ago.

The developers were made aware of it at the same time.

Since then, there have been numerous reports of the same problem.

2.The developers are a separate company, Pilot's.

3. It is that company that was and possibly is responsible for that product's support.

Orbx staff do not have the source files.

4. Numerous company requests for this and other anomalies to be fixed have been submitted.

I would agree that it is not satisfactory that after all this time, this error should still be present.

Nevertheless, everything that can be done to expedite this and other reported matters has been done and

we must apparently wait for Pilot's to take some action.

On a slightly lighter note, I see that the fact that your Clacton runway apparently spans a small lake with

no visible means of support does not concern you?

Hello gentlemen,

I do not have any problems at EGSQ in FSX or P3Dv4, no stutters, shakes or other anomolies. I have Vector and EU England.

Nicks observation on the position of the lake prompted me to check. Does your scenery match mine in the pictures ?

KAGIVjF.jpg

Smudger.

19 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Ryan.

Please don't lecture me.

I have spent years in this forum attempting to provide the missing support.

I have explained who is responsible for this fix and reported it yet again.

Everyone has to pay for Vector and I do not need to be reminded that

in the case of Vector, I am also a paying customer with reservations about

the level of support that it is given.

You should clearly understand that:

1.This problem appears to have been raised well over three years ago.

The developers were made aware of it at the same time.

Since then, there have been numerous reports of the same problem.

2.The developers are a separate company, Pilot's.

3. It is that company that was and possibly is responsible for that product's support.

Orbx staff do not have the source files.

4. Numerous company requests for this and other anomalies to be fixed have been submitted.

I would agree that it is not satisfactory that after all this time, this error should still be present.

Nevertheless, everything that can be done to expedite this and other reported matters has been done and

we must apparently wait for Pilot's to take some action.

On a slightly lighter note, I see that the fact that your Clacton runway apparently spans a small lake with

no visible means of support does not concern you?

Nick,

Thanks for your response so swiftly, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was lecturing and in your own words you said that you have been attempting to 'provide the missing support'.

On the ORBX website the company states it offers no telephone, e-mail support and instead this is the official outlet for support so the fact that this has arisen multiple times and not been fixed is obviously quite tiresome and although it is Pilot's who made it for ORBX, the sales agreement and the marketing/ publishing is by ORBX who are then ultimately responsible for the end product.

I appreciate you re-sending the requests regarding this. Also i've not posted any pictures or videos? I've not flown into/ out of Clacton, I've had the issue when flying my aircraft near the CLN Clacton VOR.

16 hours ago, smudger said:

Hello gentlemen,

I do not have any problems at EGSQ in FSX or P3Dv4, no stutters, shakes or other anomolies. I have Vector and EU England.

Nicks observation on the position of the lake prompted me to check. Does your scenery match mine in the pictures ?

KAGIVjF.jpg

Smudger.

The issue is fine when ORBX England is installed, the freezes only occur when it's FTX Vector only, when you have EU England enabled it trumps the Vector files in that area so it's fine, I have all ORBX EU sceneries but I'm wanting to run a leaner setup using only Global, OpenLC and Vector products - unfortunately now I am having to run with Vector disabled.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hello,

Thanks to Holger Sandmann here is a "hotfix".

This will solve the stutters at Clacton but will also remove the Vector surf effects.

Either: Move your special effects slider to zero

or: Please go to ORBX\Scripts\unified\regions and back up terrain_global_v.cfg.

Then copy the attached version into its place.

Run FTX Central and wait for it to Activate Orbx scenery.

terrain_global_v.cfg

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

This will solve the stutters at Clacton but will also remove the Vector surf effects.

terrain_global_v.cfg

I cant express how thankful I am for this! Like really, have a fantastic remaining of your evening/ day/ night/ wherever you may be. 

Thank you very very very much sir! :D

In which case massive thanks to you both for consulting and then getting it sorted, Yes I loaded up the F22 near Clacton CLN and smooth as butter :D I couldn't turn down the effects slider as I use FSFX packages immersion ranges (part of their beta team) so the file you provided worked wonders!

Thanks again -_-

Ryan

• 6 months later...
On 10/26/2017 at 10:47 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

terrain_global_v.cfg

Is there a patch that fix the stutters near CLN without removing the surf effects?

6 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

sorry, surf effects by themselves cannot be excluded, only the shoreline vectors to which they are attached.

Cheers, Holger 

I read that cvx_FTX_EU_ENG_water_4813.bgl for those that have FTX England does not have stuttering can I have this file I have no Europe FTX regions.

Hi there,

aside from the fact that we don't support mixing&matching that file isn't interchangeable with anything in Global Vector because it's limited to southeastern England whereas the Vector water/shoreline file for QMID7 48x13 also includes a good chunk of Belgium and France.

Cheers, Holger

45 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

aside from the fact that we don't support mixing&matching that file isn't interchangeable with anything in Global Vector because it's limited to southeastern England whereas the Vector water/shoreline file for QMID7 48x13 also includes a good chunk of Belgium and France.

Cheers, Holger

That file fixes the stuttering for FTX England users so I just hoped Vector users could have it ported over. I'll live with the stuttering until i can afford FTX England.

• 2 years later...
Hi there
Since the latest P3D 5.1 version, I and other friends have noticed that the bug in and around clacton is now, funnily enough, only with openlc!
Unfortunately, the file only helps with installed ftx vector.
It would be nice if we could get a solution for this now.
Many Thanks

yes but the problem is there. I think there is a conflict between Orbx and the new version p3d.
Please test this time and you will have the stutters.
A friend of mine also confirmed it.
He also only installed ftx global and openlc europe.

Edit :

on a cleanly installed system without Orbx you have no stutters there. as soon as FTX Global is installed, you have the problem! therefore ask again for examination and solution. the joke is, installing true earth the bug is fixed. but would like to use the combination of ftx global and openlc for various reasons. that had never been a problem before.

Hello,

thanks for the sarcastic remark. Much appreciated.

As Holger stated, neither Global Base nor openLC include files that can cause the problem.

The problem for those who use only these two now lies with the simulator, as illustrated in the video.

EU England and True Earth GB South both exclude the default shoreline vectors and add their own,

thus removing the problem caused by the simulator.

Hi there,

sorry, surf effects by themselves cannot be excluded, only the shoreline vectors to which they are attached.

Cheers, Holger 

one person blames the other and the customer is left behind.
Unfortunately I did not make a video and had no stutters with a cleanly installed P3D V5 latest version without Orbx.
After I installed FTX Global the problem was there.
Well then there is nothing you can do.
Too bad.

Hello,

you should not confuse an answer that you do not like with a lack of product support.

The copy of P3D v5 used to make the small video has nothing installed into it, all add-ons disabled and an entirely default scenery.cfg file.

To me, that is a default version. You may disagree.

I can also visit the exact location in default P3D v4 and see no stuttering or pauses at all.

I can also visit the location in default FSX and see no stuttering or pauses at all.

Once I add Global Vector to P3D v4, the problem is immediately apparent.

My unscientific guess, as I have already written, is that in updating the default Vector data, Lockheed Martin have introduced the same problem

that was introduced by the Pilots' version of Orbx Global Vector.

Hello,

thank you, we do our best.

The problem here seems to be that the two Orbx products that you assign blame to,

do not in fact contain any files that could possibly cause the problem.

Default P3D v5, however, does seem to.

Unless those default P3D v5 files have been excluded by another product, such as

EU England or TEGB South, there is no other solution that could be applied to

Global Base or open LC Europe, because they are the wrong type of product.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, livermeister said:

Hi guys, just for the record: I'm suffering from the same stutters when approaching the coast of the UK with FTX Global and EU LC. For me, it's mainly near the SABER waypoint.

Cheers

Of course, since SABER is just south of Clacton, the very part of the scenery causing the problems discussed here and observed by you and me is loaded.

I do not have Vector either. Just Orbx Global and Europe LC