Global vector not working

It would appear that the October Win 10 security updates has had an effect on Global Vector causing P3D V3 to crash just before starting and when I uninstalled GV the sim works again. My question would be that I am without a product which I have paid for so who do I ask for help, Microsoft, ORBX or P3D?.

Hello and no I didn't forget and I have been on the P3D forums and asked for support and it seems that I am not the only one with this problem as you suggested. The problem I have is no one seems to want to take reasonability for this, not Microsoft or P3D or it seems FTX ORBX, so as I purchased Global Vector not from Microsoft or P3D but from ORBX I am back and asking the same question as above "My question would be that I am without a product which I have paid for so who do I ask for help, Microsoft, ORBX or P3D?.". I want my product working or a refund instead of it sitting on my hard drive doing nothing!.  

Can you tell us what the error message is when "Vector stops working" please.

You will need to run P3D, allow the error to take place and then look at your windows

event log.

You will need to check for an error with P3D, as Vector is not an executable program.

Since you have chosen to start a new topic, may I close the first one?

Yes you may close the first topic. It now appears that Microsoft have said they are aware that there is a problem with Win 10 updates and P3D and are looking into it or so it is said on the P3D forums. The message is the bog standard, "Prepar3D has stopped working and Window is looking for a possible solution", although I haven't looked at the event log. Anyway now that MS have said they are aware means they are at fault and I will wait for a Win update to fix this as many others will have to do. I have posted my solution of uninstalling GV for the time being on P3D forums to see if it helps others. Thanks for your replies.

Archived