Safari of the Century

missleman01

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

On safari Africa has got their big 5 but you can't beat this big 9 of American fire power.

What a glorious selection of aircraft from the past.:)

Only the best! Pointy ends, wings, silver where possible are my favorite!

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great!  And the F-111!  Super cool!  I worked these for eight years and I miss it like crazy.  That one is either form yellow section from RAF Upper Heyford or Mt. Home AFB.

That's cool Jack. I forget which paint I flew for that photo. That orbx scenery is somewhere near Ft Worth in FSX. My maternal grandfather and uncle both worked at Convair then GD Ft. Worth. My grandfather was at the plant when they rolled out the first one and my uncle worked drafting re-wiring for them in the early-mid Eighties, all on the civilian side.

6 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots. Awesome bird.

Thanks, they were fun to collect and fly. 3 of em were freeware and while I used my payware versions I there are inexpensive versions of the others.

8 hours ago, missleman01 said:

My maternal grandfather and uncle both worked at Convair then GD Ft. Worth. My grandfather was at the plant when they rolled out the first one and my uncle worked drafting re-wiring for them in the early-mid Eighties, all on the civilian side.

Gosh, time files.  I remember working the jets after the re-wiring.  I think he most likely re-wired the jets to become EF-111A's.  The Raven jammer jets, worked them for several years.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 12:57 AM, paulb said:

Great collection of a classic era! :)

My favorite for sure.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:14 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Gosh, time files.  I remember working the jets after the re-wiring.  I think he most likely re-wired the jets to become EF-111A's.  The Raven jammer jets, worked them for several years.

That's cool Jack, small world. Id have to ask my uncle, but I do wonder if the ravens were the upgrade program he worked on.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:51 AM, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots I love the sky in number 2 regards stewart

Im fond of that one as well. A rare bird and a nice sunset over Galveston.

3 minutes ago, missleman01 said:

That's cool Jack, small world. Id have to ask my uncle, but I do wonder if the ravens were the upgrade program he worked on.

I think so because the only work done at that place was to strip down the F-111A models and turn 'em into Ravens.

Archived