Rock around ... and many heads

Stillwater

The wealthy tourists can do things like these... https://www.uluru.com/activities/Uluru_Scenic_Flights.html, we have to make this in virtual. But this is also some kind of pleasure... 

A good preparation is essential. That looks like a plan:

UluruOlgasscenictour.jpg

And off we go froom Conellan over Yulara...

2017-9-27_21-20Yulara.jpg
2017-9-27_21-22Hotels.jpg

... with Kata Tjuta in view...

2017-9-27_21-23KataTjuta.jpg

... and Uluru.

2017-9-27_21-25Uluru.jpg

Starting the round @ 4000 ft. ...,

2017-9-27_21-26-8-155.jpg
2017-9-27_21-27-42-398.jpg

... climbing to 4500 as required.

2017-9-27_21-29climbing.jpg

Moving over...

2017-9-27_21-38Olga.jpg
2017-9-27_21-41-32-42.jpg
2017-9-27_21-45-14-52.jpg

... and descending to 4000 again before flying back to the airport.

2017-9-27_21-46descend.jpg
2017-9-27_21-58return.jpg

Difficult to land with such a view!

2017-9-27_22-2focus.jpg

With my kids this tour would be about 1200 AUD. Better buy a plane at these rates!

• Stillwater changed the title to Rock around ... and many heads

Very cool way to do this screenshot tour Gerold, I liked :D I would love to some day visit that area for real. It's on the bucket list, but then alas, the bucket list is long...well, in the meantime, there are virtual tours like this one you did!

Those are the best images I can remember seeing of Ayres Rock and The Olgas Gerold.

Beautiful colours and details in your set.

I am lucky to have done this flight in Cessna 207 VH-UAA in 1983 but that was from the old dirt strip next to Ayres Rock.

It was my first GA flight and it was extremely turbulent and not many of the people on the bus trip enjoyed the flight too much, myself included!

We climbed Ayres Rock too on a boiling hot morning.

A fantastic experience and holiday that I still remember to this day.

21 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow Gerold amazing shots. What a great tour. Crisp and clear. I wish I could afford a tour like this but there is "too much month left at the end of my money":).

Thank you Karl. There would be a lot of month left with the amount these guys charge, maybe ask for a credit first.

19 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Very cool way to do this screenshot tour Gerold, I liked :D I would love to some day visit that area for real. It's on the bucket list, but then alas, the bucket list is long...well, in the meantime, there are virtual tours like this one you did!

I am fully with you, there are some iconic places on this planet to visit someday, and the list does not get much shorter with the travels we can afford or the unsecurity growing in some regions.

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Some of your best Gerold!  And I like the way you followed the real procedures.

Thanks Jack. A little bit of realism in this lovely virtual dream...

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Amazing area to fly, you show it well Gerold, awesome job! :)

Thanks Adam!

10 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Wow what a super set of screen shots Gerold where you looking for Martyn or Jack because he is Australia today regards stewart

If I would have to pay for Martyn or Jack also I would have gone totally bancrupt.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Those are the best images I can remember seeing of Ayres Rock and The Olgas Gerold.

Beautiful colours and details in your set.

I am lucky to have done this flight in Cessna 207 VH-UAA in 1983 but that was from the old dirt strip next to Ayres Rock.

It was my first GA flight and it was extremely turbulent and not many of the people on the bus trip enjoyed the flight too much, myself included!

We climbed Ayres Rock too on a boiling hot morning.

A fantastic experience and holiday that I still remember to this day.

You lucky guy. And your statement about still remembering it may be the reason why they charge so much.

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Super shots there Gerold. It is amazing to see those rocks in such a flat area. Gosh 1200 AUD! Still, it must be a fantastic experience. :)

OK, Paul the 1200 is for the five of us. But 1200 bucks for 40 minutes of flight? Those guys are crazy... :wacko:

1 minute ago, teecee said:

Great flight Gerold.. Magical scenery.. Your post brings back happy memories for me..Teecee.

Thanks you for watching and commenting, Terry. You might have seen a lot of the red center in your life...maybe even too much B)?

Archived