Germany South Frankfurt.

Iain, fantastic shots, again.

You have truly shown what an incredible ORBX production this is, and they just keep getting better with each new release.

I'm glad the standards are so high, as we all get to benefit. This will certainly be going into my account.

Cheers, Ashley,

Superb shots, Iain. When will it be released? My guess is October 3rd. That's the day of West-Germany's reunification with the East. In the case of ORBX, we will see the unification of the North with the South  (only of course if I'm not mistaken) :)  

The thing that I want to know right now if the EDDF RWY 18 end is finally accurate O.O It's pretty unique...

In ADE you can not make the runway number and markings disappear.... and I'll definitely not buy the scenery from Aerosoft :D 

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.9995221,8.5267524,351m/data=!3m1!1e3

3 hours ago, Kaktus said:

The thing that I want to know right now if the EDDF RWY 18 end is finally accurate O.O It's pretty unique...

In ADE you can not make the runway number and markings disappear.... and I'll definitely not buy the scenery from Aerosoft :D 

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.9995221,8.5267524,351m/data=!3m1!1e3

Whats wrong with EDDF?

3 hours ago, Kaktus said:

It appears that you mean that there is no runway marking at the 36 end but 18 is at the 18 end.

As you point out, it is not possible in ADE to have idents at one end and not the other, so I wonder why you ask?

This is EU Germany South with the usual  enhanced airports, they are not bespoke airports and will therefore not be featuring many bespoke features

such as this small detail.

It would appear that the developer has chosen to go for no ident at either end, one of only two choices open to him.

Looking at the Google image, it looks also that the runway is half concrete and half tarmac, something else that cannot be done in ADE.

Feel free to purchase any other addon if the one number is of critical importance to you.

I do not foresee EDDF being modeled any time soon by Orbx.

And Aerosofts EDDF looks exactly like the real thing:

- mixture between tamrac and concrete

- no markings at the southern end

The far more important thing is performance when using extremly detailed sceneries like GES and EDDF, but thats not part of this topic. ;)

Archived