Other ORBX Products

pilot100ll

I have Prepar3d V4 on my simulator system. I've added FTX Central and ORBX Global. What I want to know is this. Do I need to also download the other ORBX products such as Vector, OpenLC North America, Trees HD, Airports, etc....for the full effect? Or are these other products already included in the single Global package?

Doc_Z Thanks a million!

I think I'm going to add Vector, Open North America and Trees. Anything else you suggest?

If I buy the Open North America, are the other product airports within that North America download or are they also separate?

Why is everything a-la-carte?

The enhanced airports are separate products.  They have vastly more detail than the ones that come with the Open LCs.  Once you buy one, you will see they difference and become addicted.  Don't say I didn't warn you!

For me personally FTX Global Textures has added the most increase in global quality. It always depends on where you want to fly: If it is only one certain region which is covered by one of their "full fat" regions, then this region might be the right choice for you. If you're flying outside this region, Vector, OpenLC and Global Textures might be the right choice for you.

I think it's offered separately because every product is a lot of work, especially the "global" ones. This way you are not forced to pay for any additional local addon (that you might not be interested in) if you only want OLC North America for example. Otherwise the price would certainly be increased with some performance loss because of the quality increase in areas where you don't want this at all.

However there are packs of freeware airports by ORBX that spread almost all over the world. And these already improve the airports significally. And so do the "full fat" regions to all the airfields included in the area. Furthermore you are still free to add any other freeware or payware airport within the ORBX area. 

1 hour ago, Doc_Z said:

The enhanced airports are separate products.  They have vastly more detail than the ones that come with the Open LCs.  Once you buy one, you will see they difference and become addicted.  Don't say I didn't warn you!

No airports  come with Open LC. That is just landclass for the most part. 

1 hour ago, pilot100ll said:

Doc_Z Thanks a million!

I think I'm going to add Vector, Open North America and Trees. Anything else you suggest?

If I buy the Open North America, are the other product airports within that North America download or are they also separate?

Why is everything a-la-carte?

What do you mean with "why is everything a la carte"..? These are all separate type of add-ons/different products, and as such are sold separately. Maybe you owuod benefit from reading the descriptions a bit more, or even better, look in the generalforum for the orbx guide that explains what every type of add-on is and does. 

So I've added Vector, Trees, and North America to my global base through FTX Central. Everything downloaded just fine. I have all my texture and settings on ultra. I fly in the Cleveland area. I started a flight from KCLE and headed over downtown Cleveland. So much is missing from there. The landmarks such as the rock and roll hall of fame, progressive field, quicken loans arena are not there. The Cuyahoga river is not detailed but more "cartoon-ish" if that is a word.

Could I have some settings wrong or did I have my hopes set too high? What I am seeing is nothing like the realism on the Orbx website. I will definitely post some screen shots and you can direct me from there. I will get back to you all later in the week.

What I expected to see was scenery similar to google earth. Very realistic. Very crisp. I did not expect simulated groundcover, buildings, trees, and traffic.

Archived