Halfway down towards Martyn...

Stillwater

The OZ tourist leaves Kakadu NP from Cooinda airfield...

2017-9-22_20-35Cooinda.jpg

... crossing Adelaide River...
2017-9-22_20-48AdelaideRiver.jpg

... and heading over Palmerston ....

2017-9-22_20-56Palmerston.jpg

... into Darwin. This airports reproduction and its airacs are totally confusing to GSX and PRO-ATC/X, can´t get it all working together.

2017-9-22_21-1Darwin.jpg
2017-9-22_21-3-24-966.jpg
2017-9-22_21-8YPDN.jpg

For the ongoing flight I followed the RL flight schedules again: Leaving at 07:05 with QantasLink. Unfortunately they use a 717 for this flight, and I don´t want to install it (again). So I took a slower regional bird...
2017-9-24_13-42Darwin.jpg

Tindal AB below.

2017-9-24_14-16Tindal.jpg

The landscape around Alice Springs. Quite red here.

2017-9-24_15-33Alice.jpg
2017-9-24_15-37Alice.jpg

Checking the settings on downwind approach...

2017-9-24_15-40downwind.jpg

... and here we are (45 minutes late compared to the 717 schedule).

2017-9-24_15-49YBAS.jpg

The AI is totally correct here, as I said QF is using lots of 717s (still).

2017-9-24_15-52correctAI.jpg

And here is the road for a quick visit to the city, during a longish layover...
2017-9-24_16-2roadtoAliceSprings.jpg

Excellent series Gerold! Well done my friend. :) Very colourful and attractive liveries on both of the aircraft. I like them. Your shots really do illustrate the flat and relatively barren nature of large areas of inland Australia.

Yes Gerold, these are some really grand shots, and like the others, I think the liveries of both aircraft were really cool indeed. Nice job! And is that YBAS Alice Springs you stopped at? I love that airport. Has the same kind of charm that I like about L70 Agua Dulce and L05 Kern Valley. 

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent series Gerold! Well done my friend. :) Very colourful and attractive liveries on both of the aircraft. I like them. Your shots really do illustrate the flat and relatively barren nature of large areas of inland Australia.

Thank you Paul. It is always a pleasure to explore the full flat areas of orbx, detailed with or without mesh (like here...).

4 hours ago, Bugdani said:

Cracking shoots !

Thanks for watching, Bug!

4 hours ago, BradB said:

Splendid post my friend , you know how to capture OZ to the fullest . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks for your words, Iain... I mean you have deserved that title with your last post, my friend!

3 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Gerold and the livery on the aircraft you should of got Martyn to meet you half way regards stewart

Thanks Stewart. Martyn is hard to attract if you don´t wear a red dress.

3 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Awesome Gerold as always. Say hi to Martyn if you run into him.

Oh, I have to repeat my previous comment: "Martyn is hard to attract if you don´t wear a red dress."

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Yes Gerold, these are some really grand shots, and like the others, I think the liveries of both aircraft were really cool indeed. Nice job! And is that YBAS Alice Springs you stopped at? I love that airport. Has the same kind of charm that I like about L70 Agua Dulce and L05 Kern Valley. 

Thanks Sniper, sure this is orbx YBAS. Let us check if the designers are the same - or if they used the same toolboxes only!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some excellent images here Gerold, your FSX looks wonderful.

I like the livery on the QF plane too.

You will have to head east to find me at the moment!

Thanks Martyn. I still am please with my FSX and see how long I can wait before I need a new graphics card - and those add-ons that need an upgrade too. I will be sorted ou better and better.

Difficult for me to catch you, your local knowledge gets you ahead of me. Maybe I have to sit down in Mooroopna, have a beer & wait...

29 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Martyn. I still am please with my FSX and see how long I can wait before I need a new graphics card - and those add-ons that need an upgrade too. I will be sorted ou better and better.

Difficult for me to catch you, your local knowledge gets you ahead of me. Maybe I have to sit down in Mooroopna, have a beer & wait...

I am really enjoying my Oz flights and I am getting performance that I usually can only dream of but still a few things to sort out to improve it.

As I spend most of my time sitting around in Mooroopna I will not be too hard to find!

35 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Stewart. Martyn is hard to attract if you don´t wear a red dress.

Oh, I have to repeat my previous comment: "Martyn is hard to attract if you don´t wear a red dress.

My F-16 is ready for immediate departure as I can assure you that if I see you approaching in a red dress, or any female attire, I am out of here half sharpish.:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

My F-16 is ready for immediate departure as I can assure you that if I see you approaching in a red dress, or any female attire, I am out of here half sharpish.:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

I´ll do my very best... ;)

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another very fine tour Gerold.  I get to learn so much with your fantastic tours and see a lot of places I might never have the time to go to.  Thanks!

Thank you Jack. I still hope I will get the chance to visit some of them!

15 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Looked like a great day to fly!! Beautiful!!

Thank you Greg!

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic set of pics as always Gerold! :)

Thanks for your comment, Adam!

Archived