Stillwater

The classical NT tourist tour continues. First, we avoid seeing the Jabiru uranium mine - she should be there, but is just not present in the sim.

2017-9-21_19-49Jabirunouraniummine.jpg

Next, we fly over Jabiru city, seeing that the famous crocodile-shaped hotel is also not there...

149101_14053007280019637423.jpg

2017-9-21_19-51Jabirucity.jpg

Then we fly over Ubirr rock with is aboriginal cave paintings...
2017-9-21_20-2UbirrRock.jpg

.. towards East Alligator river, the border of Kakadu NP to Arnhem Land.

2017-9-21_20-7EastAlligatorRiver.jpg

... and back the same way to Jabiru for the night.

2017-9-21_20-15KakaduUbirr.jpg

Next evening, heading south...

2017-9-22_18-57Jabiru.jpg

... across Gubara rocks, ...

2017-9-22_19-1GubaraRocks.jpg

... facing Arnhem plateau ...

2017-9-22_19-6ArnhemPlateau.jpg

... towards Jim Jim Falls (missing, but it is dry season anyway)...

2017-9-22_19-11JimJimFalls.jpg

... and Twin Falls.

2017-9-22_19-13TwinFalls.jpg

Finally heading slightly north across the Billabongs...

2017-9-22_19-17Billabong.jpg

... towards a totally simple default airport, Cooinda.

2017-9-22_19-23Cooinda.jpg

Obviously OZx did not pay any attention to Kakadu NP. A pity, as we know so many great details created in virtual Oz!

54 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

very nice set of screen shots regards stewart

Thank you, Stewart!

41 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well. Gerold,  you certainly made the effort with your narrative, geography and craft. Well done my friend :).  I do like that livery on the Cessna also, very nice ;).  

But you sound a bit underwhelmed by the scenery?

Many thanks, Paul, for the compliment. The Cessna paint is totally fitting to such a Aussie flight, isn´t it?

And yes, you are right: After seeing so many areays beautifully populated with POIs by Orbx and OZx, I am a bit disappointed in Kakadu NP. One of the worlds biggest Uranium mines, an iconic hotel, some waterfalls (ok, dry season, as mentioned) - there could be more around here. At least the natural impression with plateaus and billabongs is already quite detailed.

36 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Many thanks, Paul, for the compliment. The Cessna paint is totally fitting to such a Aussie flight, isn´t it?

And yes, you are right: After seeing so many areays beautifully populated with POIs by Orbx and OZx, I am a bit disappointed in Kakadu NP. One of the worlds biggest Uranium mines, an iconic hotel, some waterfalls (ok, dry season, as mentioned) - there could be more around here. At least the natural impression with plateaus and billabongs is already quite detailed.

My pleasure Gerold  -  you always make an effort with your posts. Yes, I agree that Cessna paint is very attractive and really suits such a flight.

A very patriotic colour scheme on your 337, hope not too many are offended by it.:lol:

I can remember doing a flight to the area a while ago and being a little disappointed by the lack of water.

We will have to hope that the area is given a boost some when but it is a huge landmass.

Any way a wonderful set and you have a long way to fly before you come across me.

Thanks you very much for your kind word, @flyingleaf, @lifejogger, @adambar and @mikee!

9 hours ago, BradB said:

Superb shots from OZ Gerold , hopefully someday we will have another update for AU . :):rolleyes:

Cheers

John

Thanks John, and indeed a decent up-to-date upgrade for AU would be a great effort for many of us.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

A very patriotic colour scheme on your 337, hope not too many are offended by it.:lol:

I can remember doing a flight to the area a while ago and being a little disappointed by the lack of water.

We will have to hope that the area is given a boost some when but it is a huge landmass.

Any way a wonderful set and you have a long way to fly before you come across me.

How can someone be offended by such a positive way of patriotism :D?!

I could accept a lack of water in the area in dry season, but still there seems to be some potential for upgrades according to GooEarth.

I´ll try to make the long way shorter today, but I can not guarrantee I won´t do some detours...

38 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another wonderfully narrated set Gerold and it's always a thrill to see real photos too.

Thanks Jack. That real photo is stolen from GE :ph34r:, but the object is simply too cool nt to post it here, me thinks.

Nice shots Gerold..And remember, Orbx are working on an update for Oz at this time, for release some time next year I believe.. and remember also that Oz was the very first scenery that Orbx produced way back in the dark ages of simming. It was the reason that we see  all the wonderful scenery's that we see today. Teecee.

4 hours ago, Bugdani said:

Very nice !

Thank you, Bug!

4 hours ago, teecee said:

Nice shots Gerold..And remember, Orbx are working on an update for Oz at this time, for release some time next year I believe.. and remember also that Oz was the very first scenery that Orbx produced way back in the dark ages of simming. It was the reason that we see  all the wonderful scenery's that we see today. Teecee.

Yes Terry, I happily remember this update project, and I know we both will be jumping onto it initially! I feel your term "dark ages of simming" is also very adequate - what achievement the upcoming of orbx first sceneries was! And surely, au_sp4 as well as the fantastic-outstanding-marvelous work from OZx has come to an age - and always had its limits. I do not feel angry about this, but the more I enjoy those places where I find the beauties & eye candy!

Archived