The Oz tourists start their trip

Stillwater

More or less the closest point to Asia where the tourists could start: Darwin.

2017-9-19_20-11Darwin.jpg
2017-9-19_20-13-8-462.jpg
2017-9-19_20-52-30-312.jpg
2017-9-19_20-53YPDN.jpg

Now the IFR part of the day, Arnhem Highway...

2017-9-19_21-4ArnhemHwy.jpg

... that leads us over Adelaide River...

2017-9-19_21-11AdelaideRiver.jpg

... into the outback.

2017-9-19_21-18Outback.jpg
2017-9-19_21-34-4-633.jpg

Some (dry) Billabongs around...

2017-9-19_21-52Billabongs.jpg

... and here we should see East Alligator River. But... no water in September. And where are the name-giving animals?

2017-9-19_22-1EastAlligatorRiver.jpg

At least the touristic AI is installed & flying.

2017-9-19_22-20JabiruAI.jpg

Let´s see what´s around!

Beautiful set Gerold.

We shall look forwards to your tour of Oz and maybe we shall cross paths somewhere and some when!

Why Alligator River? We have a certain Lt Phillip Parker King to thank for this as in 1820 he thought the big reptiles in the water were Alligators.

Alligators or Crocodiles they are best given a wide berth although the fresh water Crocs will not attack you.

Thanks for commenting, Iain!

11 hours ago, BradB said:

A area you know very well Gerold from all of your terrific posts from AU through the years . :):)

Cheers

John

Indeed I have not been flying over Kakadu NP yet, as it has not been OZx-upgraded and there is not much to see in the sim. I use this as real-holiday trial...B)

11 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Nice shots, gonna be a long trip, when you get to Devonport drop in and say hi

That would be long, if I did not have other planes in the hangar. Maybe time to use the SR-71 now...

9 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Love these shots Gerold, and I love that paint on that aircraft! Looks marvelous!

Thanks Sniper. One of my favourite liveries for the 185.

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful set Gerold.

We shall look forwards to your tour of Oz and maybe we shall cross paths somewhere and some when!

Why Alligator River? We have a certain Lt Phillip Parker King to thank for this as in 1820 he thought the big reptiles in the water were Alligators.

Alligators or Crocodiles they are best given a wide berth although the fresh water Crocs will not attack you.

Thanks for your history knowledge, but even more for your kind hints to avoid croc encounters. Perhaps the safest way is to travel only virtually...

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Beautiful part of the world Gerold and another nice narrated tour, I have to start doing more narration, it really adds a lot to the immersion.

For me it adds to the simming experience, too. When flying I already begin to think of the subsequent post...

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I need to find the time to fly more, been so darned busy lately.

I have to somehow make it a priority 

Don´t worry mate, I had that trouble over summer. Never stress yourself, you will easily return when you have the time to enjoy.

Archived