Orbx Global for P3D v4

pilot100ll

Hello all. I've just finished loading FTX Central on my computer simulator and I've had no issues. I then purchased and downloaded the Orbx Global Base Pack. It downloaded somewhat easily with no issues either. My concern is that I loaded a flight in P3D v4 expecting to see the "WOW FACTOR" of Orbx. Much to my surprise, nothing had changed. I had the same default textures and blocky images as I did prior to the installation.

A rather silly question, but how to I get the awesome textures Orbx promises? Do I need to adjust the settings in P3D v4? I'm trying to find a forum or video to see how to use the download after it installs but much to my amazement I cannot find anything.

In advance, Thank you for your feedback.

Hello Doug,

I'm not sure what you mean by install Orbx Libraries. I downloaded Orbx Base Global through FTX Central. Was I supposed to do anything after that? Doesn't Orbx do all the installation for me? Please advise if I did not do it correctly. I read a post where Orbx is still developing the DLL for 64 bit which is what  have. I am missing buildings and objects at the location I started from. Could it be that development is still taking place?

Transaction ID: 59c456a504304

Regards,

JP

14 minutes ago, pilot100ll said:

I read a post where Orbx is still developing the DLL for 64 bit which is what  have. I am missing buildings and objects at the location I started from. Could it be that development is still taking place?

This has nothing to do with FTX Global Base, Vector or any Regional product, it only affects the individual airport products.

I am using the p3d default resolution settings. Should I have them maxed out?  Another thing I noticed is that my control panel in the FTC central for the global base is greyed out. I am unable to select any of the choices. Maybe there is something in the FTC central settings that I need adjusted. I downloaded global and libraries through FTC central but did not select download and backup. I downloaded only. 

Archived