Germany South Nürburgring.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Germany South Nürburgring.

Stunning scenery as usual from Mr Emms. You guys should also check out Bathurst circuit in Australia available from Orbx. This is the best street type circuit in the world imho. No driving around in big ovals like the States (sorry guys but street type circuits beat circles and are way more entertaining).

The detail really is superb, the race track shows correct racing lines in the corners where rubber has went down, hope this is out soon but willing to wait until its ready.

absolutely fantastic that this is included.  Hallowed ground for Motorsports enthusiasts like myself.  let's see, in orbx land, we now have Mt. Panorama, Laguna Seca, Goodwood, and the old Evergreen Speedway in PNW, and now The Ring!  Lets have FTX France, so we can get LeMans!

Edit:  hopefully the Castle is included?  didn't see it in the shots

Laguna Seca racetrack would be nice to see, and be a real test of sharp dramatic elevation changes for mesh ... what a corkscrew corner ... would love to see some more race tracks done as dedicated scenery, if possible.

While back I badgered the Scotflight Iains to do Knockhill racetrack in Scotland and they did, works in latest vers of ORBX \Scotland too, P3D v4/FSX/Steam

Me an pals raced Bikes at Knockhill in the late 80's/early 90's ... good to see the scenery in the sim ... would love to see more focused ORBX race track scenery please.

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

absolutely fantastic that this is included.  Hallowed ground for Motorsports enthusiasts like myself.  let's see, in orbx land, we now have Mt. Panorama, Laguna Seca, Goodwood, and the old Evergreen Speedway in PNW, and now The Ring!  Lets have FTX France, so we can get LeMans!

Edit:  hopefully the Castle is included?  didn't see it in the shots

It’s there

2 hours ago, Colin M said:

Laguna Seca racetrack would be nice to see...

It is modeled as part of the coverage area in the Monterey airport scenery (I think its KMRY)  There's a couple really famous golf courses there as well...  (and if you still have contacts at scotflight, they really should do St. Andrews... :) )

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

It’s there

Sweet!  thanks again for including this.  Somehow getting to Deutschland and driving a tourist lap of the Ring (and/or spectating at the 24hr) is one of my bucket list items, and I have driven probably 3000 laps of the ring in Grand Prix Legends, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom, and iRacing over the last almost 20 years.  I have always had a degree of detachment about FS scenery, but this makes me somewhat emotional,  lol

21 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Stunning detail. I think John will have a field day, driving his beamer around the circuit ;);)

Absolutely amazing stuff, and never mind JV - I shall certainly dig out the BMW 760 and try it out round this bit of scenery!

10 hours ago, ShawnG said:

It is modeled as part of the coverage area in the Monterey airport scenery (I think its KMRY)  There's a couple really famous golf courses there as well...  (and if you still have contacts at scotflight, they really should do St. Andrews... :) )

Thanks, will go visit virtual Laguna Seca in tonight's flying :)

Pretty sure St Andrews is already included in Scotflight (that works perfectly and compliments ORBX Scotland BTW) they recently released Trumps Scottish golf course as freeware, but not really a Golf person :)

As regards Scotflight's rendition of Knockhill race track, I did help by contacting Derek Butcher the owner of the track who was happy to help Scotflight and sent me some really nice HD pics of the track and also shared with me some interesting anecdotes of the tracks history and his involvement with it.

One time when I was there as a race fan, it was announced over track speakers that Mick Grant (UK bike racing legend) would soon be arriving, and he did, only he arrived in his own light Aircraft and landed on the straight up from the hairpin ... later learned he had a young James Whitham onboard as a passenger, his racing career in life was soon to take off too :)

Needless to say, have replicated this flight in the sim too.

On 23/09/2017 at 10:23 AM, Daveebee46 said:

I wonder if the old Nurburgring circuit is  there, It would be a great place to fly over in a nice slow aircraft  such as the Feissler Storch.

I live reasonably close to this track and when I looked to the pictures of Iain I could see parts the Nordschleife, stunning job ORBX!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 6:58 AM, ShawnG said:

Sweet!  thanks again for including this.  Somehow getting to Deutschland and driving a tourist lap of the Ring (and/or spectating at the 24hr) is one of my bucket list items, and I have driven probably 3000 laps of the ring in Grand Prix Legends, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom, and iRacing over the last almost 20 years.  I have always had a degree of detachment about FS scenery, but this makes me somewhat emotional,  lol

I was just at the Nurburgring. Desperately wanted to hire one of the BMW's and do some laps but I just couldn't the day I was there. I'm going back, though, for sure. The Prepar3D screenshots look amazing and very realistic.

Steve

IMG_6838.JPG

Archived