Out of the dark

Stillwater

Mimicking a real Jetstar flight (3K161), departing Singapore at 23:05 local time, means not much scenery to be seen for a longer time. So we enjoy boarding...

2017-9-17_18-29WSSSboarding.jpg

... the "on runway" callout...

2017-9-17_18-42onrunway.jpg

... and, after about 23 minutes,  equator crossing.

2017-9-17_19-5equatorcrossing.jpg

Some 4 hours later, the land of Oz comes into view...

2017-9-17_22-191stOzview.jpg

... mainland!

2017-9-17_22-35mainland.jpg

And here we go into final at Darwin...

2017-9-17_22-38intofinal.jpg
2017-9-17_22-40Darwin.jpg
2017-9-17_22-41final.jpg

... an airport that is slightly enhanced by OZx. Though not fully working today (nor GSX or AI, and surely no PeopleFlow or even the red lady :().

2017-9-17_22-49Welcome.jpg

32°C in the morning (a delayed landing after strong headwinds). Looks like a good continent to stay over winter.

Excellent set Gerold and hopefully a relaxing time was had by the pool after your flight.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent series, shots and storyline Gerold! :). Well done my friend.  Do you think that Martyn is taking in lodgers for the winter? ;)

You are very welcome anytime. Plenty of room, good working AC but you will have to wait your turn to use the FS.:lol:

20 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent series, shots and storyline Gerold! :). Well done my friend.  Do you think that Martyn is taking in lodgers for the winter? ;)

Thank you Paul. I see we share the same hopes.

19 hours ago, BradB said:

The music and the early shots are well - Dark . But then the sun came up and everything was much better . :ph34r::wacko::)

Cheers

John

A classical song, not sure if the english-speaking world knows Falco at all. And I just had to think of it with these hours of darkness around.

19 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great stuff Gerold. Well done.

Thank you, Leaf!

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Gerold and hopefully a relaxing time was had by the pool after your flight.

The relaxing time inthe pool was shortened by the snakes. Luckily they were expelled later. By the crocodiles.

You are very welcome anytime. Plenty of room, good working AC but you will have to wait your turn to use the FS.:lol:

The beginning sounds good. But I doubt I´d get ENOUGH time on the local FS. Well... to get there I would have plenty of RL flying anyway B)...

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another cool set Gerold, I always love your tours!

Thank you Jack. And I promise, the next one will be in daylight again.

4 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Gerold  I really enjoyed them thanks regards stewart

Thanks Stewart.

Archived