Little Navmap stable release 1.6.3 - now with X-Plane support

albar965

Hi All,

the biggest change in this version is X-Plane support for almost all Little Navmap features: Scenery Database, moving map, traffic, weather and more.

The update is also recommended for FSX/Prepar3D users because of several bugfixes and other small improvements like the new configurable update notification which will show a dialog if a new release is available.

Announcement on my page with all links.

Screenshots

Online Manual

Direct download link Windows

Direct download link macOS

Direct download link Linux

Changes from Release 1.4.4 to 1.6.3

The scenery database format has changed and the program will ask to erase its own databases if started.

Enhancements

X-Plane 11
  • Can read full X-Plane scenery database: Airports, aprons, taxiways, navaids, airways, procedures (including speed limits). Also add-on overrides and path exclusions in the options dialog.
  • Supports navdata updates.
  • Display of AI aircraft on map and in information window.
  • Weather from X-Plane downloaded weather file `METAR.rwx` (station or nearest station).
  • Copy airspaces from FSX or P3D to X-Plane database.
  • FMS and FLP flight plan file loading and saving.
  • Moving map. Needs the _Little XpConnect_ X-Plane plugin which is included in the download archive.
  • Altitude and one-way restrictions for airways are considered when calculating flight plans.
  • Supported platforms are Windows, macOS and Linux for all programs.
General
  • Automatic update check on startup (daily, weekly or manual) with settings in options dialog on tab `Startup`.
  • Added push buttons in flight plan and procedure search top area to remove selection and map highlights.
  • Rhumb line measurement now shows both magnetic and true course where declination is based on origin.
  • Can now load and save FMS and FLP flight plan formats.
  • Can load FS9 flight plan format.
  • Route string generation is now more robust for malformed and incomplete flight plans.
  • Now erasing wrong airway entries at departure and destination when loading flight plan to avoid problems with malformed flight plans from other tools.
  • Shows startup positions in the information window now.
  • Added donation link to help menu and about dialog.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Improved weather display for nearest station: Added name, distance and map link to reporting station if that is an airport.
  • FSX and P3D: Fixed several problems with magnetic declination by using `magdec.bgl` file now.
  • Fixed issues when loading P3D v4 add-on.xml.
  • Fixed crash when loading older FSX/P3D scenery.
  • Fixed handling and display of helipads. Now using name as an identifier.
  • Improved detection of military and closed airports.
  • Database loading dialog now pops up after erasing incompatible databases.
  • Fixed missing encoding in saved FSX PLN files causing problems with other tools.

See the include file `CHANGELOG.txt` for a detailed list of all changes across all versions.

Alex

Right.:) You have to set the path for X-Plane in the "Load Scenery Library" dialog first and load the database to show the X-Plane menu item.

Well, loading is not really needed but the path has to be set at least.

The problem is that X-Plane leaves not entries in the registry so I cannot detect it like the other simulators.

Alex

Derek,

if you have FSX or P3D installed you can copy the airspaces from these simulators to the X-Plane database. You have to switch to a P3D or FSX database to enable this menu item.

But this is just a workaround.

X-Plane comes with airspaces for the US only and the format is not documented as far as I can see.

Have asked on the Xplane forum but no answer yet.

Can you post the link?

Alex

• 1 year later...

Hi Alex, great work again. However I’m a little confused (regular event), reading your introduction to this post it seems that X-Plane compatibly has just been introduced but I’ve been using it very successfully for several months, first with XP11.34 and then XP11.35. Would you clarify this for me please.

cheers Anton 

5 minutes ago, antonvs said:

Hi Alex, great work again. However I’m a little confused (regular event), reading your introduction to this post it seems that X-Plane compatibly has just been introduced but I’ve been using it very successfully for several months, first with XP11.34 and then XP11.35. Would you clarify this for me please.

Hi Anton,

the post is from September 18, 2017 .:)

There were plenty of new releases since.

The latest is 2.2.4. You can find all releases right here.

BTW: I'm also using it with XP 11.35.
BTW 2: Currently development continues towards 2.4.

Alex

Archived