Too late for summer

Stillwater

Now I have to pay the price for losing time earlier this year with texture-hiccups: I am too late to enjoy summer up where my flight plan leads me to. I mean, where my purchses of the last months are waiting to be inspected.

So I had to leave Vancouver quickly...

2017-9-10_11-32CYVR.jpg
2017-9-10_11-51-49-925.jpg
2017-9-10_11-54Vancouver.jpg

... pass Squamish, ...

2017-9-10_12-0Squamish.jpg

... and descend over Annett Island, ...

2017-9-10_13-13AnnettIs.jpg

... just to see Ketchikan covered in clouds.

2017-9-10_13-27-6-194.jpg

At least visibility came back after diving through the layers.

2017-9-10_13-32PAKT.jpg
2017-9-10_13-32-52-931.jpg
2017-9-10_13-34Ketchikan.jpg

Hi, little one!

2017-9-10_13-40-46-843.jpg

Maybe I will have to cheat with the weather in my next flights...?

Nice ones Gerold, I love that plane.  And cheat?  That's all I do.  About 99% of the time I \ set the time to 3:30 pm or so and almost always in summer.  Winter is okay but everything is just too white.  But I do like SAK in winter, that place is made for snow.

Beautiful set Gerold.

Some excellent weather which makes for an interesting descent.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones Gerold, I love that plane.  And cheat?  That's all I do.  About 99% of the time I \ set the time to 3:30 pm or so and almost always in summer.  Winter is okay but everything is just too white.  But I do like SAK in winter, that place is made for snow.

Same here Jack, my sim is stuck on 14:30 21st June. Not keen on the snow either but like that C-17.

11 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Gerold regards stewart

Thanks for the compliment, Stewart.

And... what a great discussion about season philosophy comes up here!

23 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Jack. My percentage of season cheating is smaller, but I like to see the scenery at all, not only fog!

23 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Yes i love this country but in winter it's too much !

Nice pics and local  MTO

Patrick

Thank you Patrick. If it only would be sunny, I would tolerate winter weather...

22 hours ago, lifejogger said:

One they nice about flight sim is you can fly in any season you want!!!!!  Super shots!!!!!!

That´s it, basically. Thank you, John!

20 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Great aircraft! I love flying in C-17's..SO much better than C-130's and C-141's. Great looking set of shots and nice journey :)

Thanks for the compliment, Sniper. Like most of us our experience in RL flying these birds is limited. At least I can say the Virtavia version works smooth, with an AP like default FSX - and an extremely short runway need, as you can see from my landing speed.

18 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful set Gerold.

Some excellent weather which makes for an interesting descent.

Same here Jack, my sim is stuck on 14:30 21st June. Not keen on the snow either but like that C-17.

You sim is stuck in southern winter? Brr, I would not like that, I do enjoy flying in southern summer just too much.

"Interesting descent" is a nice term. OK, the confidence in ILS helps, but I like to enjoy the Orbx scenery - which does not work in this vis.

13 hours ago, adambar said:

I fly in the summer 90% of the time Gerold, don't like winter very much. :D  Super shots indeed! :)

I try to do the same, Adam, and I plan my trips so that the summer season is just near where I fly. You will not expect me to fly in Alaska in January...

8 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Gerold! Excellent to see the Canadian livery. 

Alaska is one of my top four regional sceneries. Brilliant in winter!

Thanks Paul. You want me to just delete my previous comment ("You will not expect me to fly in Alaska in January...")? Not yet...

6 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks for the compliment, Sniper. Like most of us our experience in RL flying these birds is limited. At least I can say the Virtavia version works smooth, with an AP like default FSX - and an extremely short runway need, as you can see from my landing speed.

I can tell you from personal experience that real world C-17's have very short takeoff abilities, AND short landing needs as well. Those factors were some of the main attractions when they were being developed for the military, and they more than live up to that demand. Extremely versatile cargo aircraft.

Archived