Saved by the Tree

BradB

1 hour ago, toriu said:

The aircraft came to the ground, on its landing gear rather gently, so the occupants should be Oak K- - - sorry :rolleyes:

They hit pretty fast then spun around rapidly.  Could be neck injuries with whiplash.  John, any more info on this?  Just curious to see if they're ok.

Incidentally, Robertson Field (4B8) in Plainville CT is nicely done by Orbx in the NA Freeware Pack.  A little west of Hartford, it's one of my favorites.  Just be careful of the really tall antennas on top of the hill just northeast of the field. Park on the ramp though, not in the car park. 

Ken

11 hours ago, Venturi said:

He just wanted parking to go to the mall next door. Getting back out could be tricky

I also read about this precise parking manouvre. A bit overprecise...

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I mentioned to Gerold only a few days ago about landing in the trees:o

... I thought it was you doing this trick. You had me confused, my friend!

3 hours ago, Ken Q said:

Incidentally, Robertson Field (4B8) in Plainville CT is nicely done by Orbx in the NA Freeware Pack.  A little west of Hartford, it's one of my favorites.  Just be careful of the really tall antennas on top of the hill just northeast of the field. Park on the ramp though, not in the car park. 

Ken

Thanks.  I'd add that one should watch for trees too! :-)

-Braun

When you learn to fly in Canada, tree top are often your best option if there is no road around, river are the last one. Dense forest make a nice carpet.

20+ years ago I had engine problem (i thought) over a dense forest in the middle of nowhere, I didn't have many hours at the time and I was high enough to have the time to restart the single engine C172 , it took 3 attempt to finally understand that I have put my fuel selector  (this 172 was equipped with larger fuel tank and a fuel selector) to the left, that selection should have been right but was not working, I was flying on the left one. By putting it to both the engine finally started... at about 600 AGL.

Ben

Archived