Germany South - My First Previews

As always with a new region, ORBX always seem to raise the bar, Germany South is no exception to that and here you will find so much variety in scenery to explore.

I start with these first few previews with many more to come over the following days!

All shot in P3Dv4 straight from the V key

2017-09-04_10-45-39-PM669.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-40-PM230.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-39-PM248.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-39-PM404.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-39-PM809.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-39-PM544.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-40-PM386.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-40-PM90.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-40-PM527.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-40-PM667.jpg

2017-09-04_10-45-40-PM809.jpg

Do I spot the Watzmann in the haze in picture #6?

And I also recognize where the first one was taken. I drove by on my way to my summer vacation a few weeks ago. It is right next to the austro-german border in close vicinity to LOWS. The mountain in the Salzburger Hochstand. 

Come to think of it the following ones I also recognize. It is the Hoher Göll and Jenner in the second and the ridge where the Kehlsteinhaus (Eagle's nest) is situated in the third.

I'm aware that these are beta, but I'd like to point out that the rural roads, for example the one that the busses use to drive up to Eagle's Nest, are missing.

2 hours ago, BrianV said:

Very nice taster shots. Which airport is seen in the last images?

That must be Ramstein Air Base near Kaiserslautern..

I'm quite surprised. That looks way more detailed than the usual airport enhancements that come with FTX regions.

And an active U.S. air base at that.

I agree John, Orbx regions do seem to get better and better with each release, and this appears to be no exception. I continue to look forward to this package. It has been a long time since I last visited southern Germany, and it will be fun to sim fly over the Schwarzwald (sp?). I use to spend some time in the Oberkirch area many years ago, and I have very fond memories of the beauty in that area of Germany.

10 hours ago, Vora said:

That must be Ramstein Air Base near Kaiserslautern..

I'm quite surprised. That looks way more detailed than the usual airport enhancements that come with FTX regions.

And an active U.S. air base at that.

Oh yes, that could absolutly be Ramstein!

Fantastic shots! It finally becomes reality!! However, I've yet to find my house on the next previews. ;)

10 hours ago, Harrier, FSX user said:

Outstanding pics. Hmm - do you think Ramstein will be included? A nice teaser indeed, but I think Ramstein will come seperately. Anyway, if it is out, it is worth buying....

It's the preview of GES, so you can assume that it is included, kind of like the high quality Cardiff was included in the Wales region.

I was just wondering because OrbX never has made an active military base in such detail, mostly because of a lack of photo material.

Maybe there are some more gems like this. From all regions so far GES took the longest to reach beta, IIRC.

Archived