Germany South some more.

The scenery looks very good. Very good work of developers and designers.

But I would have a small point of criticism. The illumination of the Ulm Cathedral is too violent. It looks if the dome glows from the inside (
almost like a volcano).
I think it would be better (if possible) to illuminate it with Dynamic Lights from the outside for P3D V4
and for the earlier versions of P3D and FSX to reduce the luminosity in the LM file .

3 hours ago, GoneMissed said:

G'day Iain,

I apologise as I imagine you've answered this many times before, but may I ask if you are using a particular PTA preset? Your screenshots are excellent.

Cheers,

Joe.

Hello Joe I don't use PTA or anything else only ORBX and REX Enhanced and of course P3DV4 in use on my Flightsim machine what you see in the shots I take are straight v key shots only.

cheers

Iain

14 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Hello Joe I don't use PTA or anything else only ORBX and REX Enhanced and of course P3DV4 in use on my Flightsim machine what you see in the shots I take are straight v key shots only.

cheers

Iain

Sometimes the HDR settings already make a difference, perhaps you can give them as a reference. And of course monitor settings/calibration do matter, which is often overlooked. My monitor has some presets with one of them looking like cartoon (no, I didn't select it :D).

Kind regards, Michael

Yeah, I'm really excited and very much looking forward to all the castles and rivers too! Your water looks absolutely stunning in these shots Iain...very nice settings you've got set there :) Developers look to have put in lots of lovely details by the looks of these early shots! Also great that Jarrad's FTX Innsbruck masterpiece will only be just a short hop across the border after we have this in our sim world.

34 minutes ago, pmb said:

Sometimes the HDR settings already make a difference, perhaps you can give them as a reference. And of course monitor settings/calibration do matter, which is often overlooked. My monitor has some presets with one of them looking like cartoon (no, I didn't select it :D).

Kind regards, Michael

Yes Michael I'm at work at the moment but when I go home I will post my HDR settings here for you.

cheers

Iain

1 minute ago, masterhawk said:

On the last shot I can see the "Deutsches Eck"  where the river Mosel goes into the river Rhein. But I'm missing the Kaiser-Wilhelm-I. Monument.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Koblenz_im_Buga-Jahr_2011_-_Deutsches_Eck_01.jpg

Yes you're right, also the Festung Ehrenbreitstein is missing:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festung_Ehrenbreitstein

Looks great!

One little issue that the devs surely are already aware of: on the first Koblenz image you can see a texture mapping problem on the roof of the building in the forefront.

Looking forward (especially to some Dresden pictures :)).

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

Michael here are my HDR settings including my other P3DV4 settings which I use at all times.

cheers

Iain

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks Iain, much acknowledged. Sometimes keeping things simple may lead to better visuals than a host of interfering texture and shader addons (granted, from time to time I have to remind myself of this rule). As a sidenote, your settings are certainly not suitable for an underpowered system :).

Kind regards, Michael

5 hours ago, masterhawk said:

On the last shot I can see the "Deutsches Eck"  where the river Mosel goes into the river Rhein. But I'm missing the Kaiser-Wilhelm-I. Monument.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Koblenz_im_Buga-Jahr_2011_-_Deutsches_Eck_01.jpg

5 hours ago, DieterPfaff said:

Yes you're right, also the Festung Ehrenbreitstein is missing:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festung_Ehrenbreitstein

Don't forget chaps this is only a Beta at the moment things will change as we move along.

cheers

Iain

Might have been asked already, but where are the southernly boarders of this scenery? I mean, does it end straight at the boarder of Germany? Lake Constanz? I am asking because I use Switzerland Professional X also in v4 and honestly, although as a Swiss, including Switzerland in a product called "Germany South" would be embarrassing, I would love to finally see a up-to-date scenery product of Switzerland...

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Might have been asked already, but where are the southernly boarders of this scenery? I mean, does it end straight at the boarder of Germany? Lake Constanz? I am asking because I use Switzerland Professional X also in v4 and honestly, although as a Swiss, including Switzerland in a product called "Germany South" would be embarrassing, I would love to finally see a up-to-date scenery product of Switzerland...

You can find the exact coverage of GES in my post of onther thread, see the attachment (you need Google Earth for that). Holger had posted it months ago.

19 hours ago, Vora said:

Use Google Earth search and you'll find it. It's south of Bad Reichenhall and east of Kufstein, just inside the GES coverage area (added below).

GES.kmz

34 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Thanks but I am not able to use Google Earth in my office. I will check if I am back home then...

I can tell you right away that ca. 5% of the extreme north of Switzerland is covered.

This includes Basel, Baden and Schaffhausen, but not Zurich, Winterthur or St. Gallen.

Edit: I have this day off, so here it is:

Schweiz.jpg

I thought GEN was good, this looks to have surpassed even that.

On ‎5‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:16 AM, Iain Emms said:

Don't forget chaps this is only a Beta at the moment things will change as we move along.

So you mean that it will be Beta than this.:huh::wacko::lol:

On 5.9.2017 at 9:46 AM, Vora said:

You can find the exact coverage of GES in my post of onther thread, see the attachment (you need Google Earth for that). Holger had posted it months ago.

Hmm, the southernmost tip of Germany is not covered according to that KMZ...

3 hours ago, Vora said:

Hey, you two bean counters, thank you for confirming a stereotype about us.:lol:

Remember that this stretch is of border is being overlapped by the LOWI coverage area, and who hasn't LOWI on his rig?

Nontheless it is one of the outstanding geographic landmarks of germany, being the southernmost point.

I do have LOWI, but I'd expect something like this to be included in a full fat region. 

Considering that you seem to be from that area, I'd say you do too.

Archived