Germany South my first look.

Pic's look great!

Currently in P3dv4 my German town doesn't exist when you fly over it.Vector has placed the roads but there aren't any buildings visable.Currently in the sim with Orbx global/Europe it's just forest.

I'm really hoping Germany South will fix that and have my town of Wildpark near Taunusstein visable.

Any chance Ian you could fly over it? It's in between Wiesbaden and Frankfurt and break the news to me.

o9bBJ4I.png

10 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Not yet Mr Kactus, just keep watching this space.;)

Oh well then I'll have to wait a bit more :) 

Hopefully you have included my home city Dormagen as we have a Store (LIDL) here around with a bright red roof and a big Chempark - both very nice to spot wenn takeing ouf in Düsseldorf to the south (can confirm by myself ;)) - because my town is just perfectly between between Düsseldorf ( Germany North) and Cologne (Germany south)

These are the Coodinates: 

51.0982918 6.83313925943

Oh and by the way the Schattseite is officially austrian ;)

12 hours ago, volkira said:

Pic's look great!

Currently in P3dv4 my German town doesn't exist when you fly over it.Vector has placed the roads but there aren't any buildings visable.Currently in the sim with Orbx global/Europe it's just forest.

I'm really hoping Germany South will fix that and have my town of Wildpark near Taunusstein visable.

Any chance Ian you could fly over it? It's in between Wiesbaden and Frankfurt and break the news to me.

o9bBJ4I.png

Hi, while areas of your town are designated as residential, it was done in too much detail on openstreetmap, so that it properly was rejected as too small by the algorithm that orbx are using to create the towns. If the whole area of your town would be assigned 'residential' like its been done on google maps with the GeoBasis data it would likely pick it up.

Hello, 

great previews =)

Maybe you have already created it but if not you might take it into consideration:

the Stuttgarter Fernsehturm, opened in 1956, has been the world's first TV tower and is one of the most recognizable sights in the Southwest of Germany. It stands just a few miles north of Stuttgart Airport EDDS and as there is a new version of the Airport available from another developer it would be great to see it on approach.

Also at the northern coast of Lake Constance, the Pfahlbauten Unteruhldingen (I would translate it with pile dwellings or stilt houses) are an outdoor museum built into the lake just were archaeologists have found several remains of a village of the stone and early bronze age. The houses have been rebuilt and are a great sight as well =)

Cheers,

Marc

Dev's sent me a message that my town is indeed in the Germany South Scenery.Pheww Relief.Can't wait to fly over it .

Just need Orbx to make Mainz-Finthen Airport so I can use it as a base for AirHauler 2.Can move to Frankfurt Main once I get some Heavies.

Thanks again Dev's for including my little hidden town.

Now here's an exciting product! Great to see you've got your hands and camera on it Iain :) Really looking forward to seeing the more mountainous half of Germany coming with this release...the Bavarian Alps and shots of the great city of Munich would be nice...hopefully we can fly in for Oktoberfest this year ;) Keep the great shots coming please :) 

Thank you Iain! Shots and scenery are really looking fantastic!

3 hours ago, McAlex said:

... Only one thing .....: "Schattseite" is in Austria .....

Where about is this Schattseite? I did a Google-search and there are some small local areas as mountainsides, hillsides or even only street addresses called "Schattseite" in Austria, but non of them is really close to the German Border. Haven't found any geographical area or POI in Germany called Schattseite.

46 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Thank you Iain! Shots and scenery are really looking fantastic!

Where about is this Schattseite? I did a Google-search and there are some small local areas as mountainsides, hillsides or even only street addresses called "Schattseite" in Austria, but non of them is really close to the German Border. Haven't found any geographical area or POI in Germany called Schattseite.

Use Google Earth search and you'll find it. It's south of Bad Reichenhall and east of Kufstein, just inside the GES coverage area (added below).

GES.kmz

Archived