Global Vector Installation Clarification

Simboy

I downloaded and installed FTX Global Base, and FTX Global Vector. But, I  did not see any configuration changes in Scenery.cfg file at ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX folder. There are no new changes in the FSX Scenery Library Order.

Only changes I have noticed are at Orbx\FTX_Vector folder with the following sub folders:

FTX_VECTOR_AEC

FTX_VECTOR_APT

FTX_VECTOR_CVX

FTX_VECTOR_EXX

FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT

FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

I did run the auto configuration tool for Airport Elevation Configuration.

Is this the correct behavior? What should I be looking for in the sim, after the FTX Global Vector Installation?

Hi,

FTX_VECTOR_AEC

FTX_VECTOR_APT

FTX_VECTOR_CVX

FTX_VECTOR_EXX

FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT

FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

All of these should show as entries in your scenery.cfg and your scenery library, FTX_VECTOR_AEC should be 3rd from the bottom and the other five should be approx in the middle.

Cheers

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for your response.

I just checked once again at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.CFG there is no entry of FTX Products. Since there is no entry in Scenery.CFG file, I do not see any listing in the Scenery Library.

Please note: I have a default set up. I have not added any scenery to FSX. I have just started with FTX Global Base Pack and FTX Global Vector. Does the FTX Global Base also make an entry into the scenery.cfg?

In the scenery library order I have

Priority 1 = Edwards_AFB

Priority 120 = Default Terrain

Could you please send me your copy of scenery.cfg, where FTX Global Base and /or FTX Vector is displayed, so that I can make a manual entry into the scenery.cfg file.?

As suggested, I went ahead and installed the Orbx Libraries. After installation, scenery.cfg now has the following information as given below:

In the Scenery Library, I see the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS listed as Priority 1 (right on top) - Is this the correct position? - Where will the Freeware or Payware Airport scenery from third party go? above FTXAA_ORBXLIBS or below FTXAA_ORBXLIBS ?

FTX GLOBAL BASE

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE
ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1
ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

FTX GLOBAL VECTOR

FTX_VECTOR_AEC

FTX_VECTOR_APT

FTX_VECTOR_CVX

FTX_VECTOR_EXX

FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT

FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX LIBRARIES