Need to remove Orbx products for Testing

Mishka

Sorry if this is not the correct forum but there isn't one for P3D v4.

Having a big problem with plane crashing when loading a scenario in P3D v4 - the plane buries itself into the runway - only happens when loading a scenario with the PMDG 737. I tried just about everything to resolve it - my question is in two parts:

1.  Is there a way to disable my Orbx products from P3D so I can eliminate - for the P3D people - that it is not Orbx causing the issue - they want me to uninstall but this takes forever to download and reinstall.

If I do have to uninstall then..

2.  When I downloaded the Orbx products, Base LC FTX etc - would these be saved somewhere so I can install again without having to go through (for me) the very long download process again - at least this would save some time.

Thanks in advance

1) Have you run "Airports Elevations Corrections" in FTXC settings?

2) Try setting up the scenario again from scratch and re-saving.

3) You should be able to simply disable any/all ORBX scenery from within P3Dv: just go to "World/Scenery Library" and untick them. However - I suspect if you save a scenario with anything unticked, then re-enable some of them, then your scenario may just produce the anomaly you describe when you re-load it (with a set of different sceneries active).

Adam.

Thanks for the replies - its looking like the PMDG 737 as no other aircraft causes this problem in P3D - I appreciate the help here and I will update if I solve the problem to let all know if you get a similar issue.

Make sure you load a PMDG 737 scenario from scratch.  Don't switch to it from another aircraft, that can mess it up even though PMDG says you can switch from a default airplane.  Even doing it that way often messes up the 737.

Archived