Global Base & OpenLC EU - just installed update - What did I break?

Hello -

I just installed the updates of FTX Global Base and FTX OpenLC EU thru the FTX Central to my P3D3.4 . I now have a backup folder of a bunch of files.

After it finished, I was curious to see what got updated and went to the forum.....

" For those using FSX or P3D versions 1 to 3, you can simply over-ride the update notification by copying the attached version text files to the ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder. "

...yikes....

Did I break anything by installing the update?

Thanks,
Daniel

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Daniel,

As you have P3D v4 and the option was to avoid the need to update earlier versions,

you needed the update and nothing bad will have happened.

Thank you - very glad to hear that it didnt change anything on my P3D3.4 install. I am not planning to upgrade and move to P3Dv4 for a while. 

May I ask why the backup files? That was a first time to see that during an update process. Is there a reason to keep or restore them?

Best Regards,

Daniel

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I expect they are there in case you want to uninstall at any point.

If you don't, you can delete them.

Hi Nick,

Sorry to jump into this conversation but it's regarding the same issue, when I was installing the Global update I think my network went down and the update was hanging about 75% through, I had to shut down FTX Central, but when I restarted it the update notification had gone away. I was hoping this didn't mean it didn't install everything.

Is there any way I can check if I have all the required files?

Cheers

EDIT : P3D V4 btw.

On 8/17/2017 at 1:27 AM, RancidViper said:

Hi Nick,

Sorry to jump into this conversation but it's regarding the same issue, when I was installing the Global update I think my network went down and the update was hanging about 75% through, I had to shut down FTX Central, but when I restarted it the update notification had gone away. I was hoping this didn't mean it didn't install everything.

Is there any way I can check if I have all the required files?

You can go to ORBX\User documents\Versions and delete 

FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK.txt.

Then start FTX Central.

FTX Global Base will show as not installed.

Select install product and it will check all the files and download only

any files that may be needed.

Archived