Hammerfest Afcad file

Recently installed Hammerfest and wanted to view the Afcad file in ADE. ENHF_ADEP2,FKH_P3D.bgl is the only file that opened in ADE but there is nothing showing but the tower object. I have a couple of utilities which make use of MakeRunways output for airport databases and was wondering which file actually contained the airport Afcad that would normally be viewed in ADE and used by MakeRunways..

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Grantham

Hi Jeff

Due to the curved runway, the entire airport is made out of a single 3d mesh. Thus you will not find any taxiways etc in the afcad. Only the tower, runway and one parking spot.

What is it you wanted to get out of this file?

Regards,
Finni, the developer of Hammerfest

Sent fra min HUAWEI VNS-L31 via Tapatalk

Nick, thanks for our reply.

I just wanted to pass along what I learned from running MakeRwys tests after my earlier post. Two of the output files from MakeRwys are used to build databases for a couple of 3rd-party utilities I use, runways.csv for PF3 and r5.csv for Radar Contact. I also use Plan-G which uses MakeRwys output. First, I ran MakeRwys using only the default P3DV3 (not using V4 yet) Hammerfest scenery and the airport/runway information correctly appeared in both of the MakeRwys output files. Next, I added the Hammerfest afcad file from the ORBX Germany North scenery (placed above the default scenery in the scenery.cfg file) and, again, the airport/runway appeared, this time showing correctly for the ORBX scenery. Lastly, I substituted the Hammerfest afcad mentioned earlier for the Germany North afcad and this time there was no airport/runway data in either output file. As a result of the third test, at least for the Hammerfest scenery, these databases would be incomplete and not correspond to the actual scenery that was installed. I just wanted to point out what the results are by the Hammerfest afcad being created differently from other afcads.

Before posting this reply I noted on Pete Dowson's forum that he is aware that there may be a problem with MakeRwys not recognizing some P3DV3-V4 afcads depending on how they are coded so I will contact him also.

Jeff

Hi Finni.

Sorry I missed your reply and explanation and thank you for providing it. I'll explain what I was wanting to do. I have over 800 scenery layers for P3DV3 in the scenery.cfg file (not using V4 yet). Since MakeRwys builds its output files from the various afcads, rather than have a scenery.cfg with 820 active layers that MakeRwys would have to read through, I have a second scenery.cfg that contains only the default P3D scenery layers and one more layer/folder that contains copies of the afcads for all of the scenery I have installed, with that folder being given highest priority. This allows MakeRwys to run faster (only 109 layers) and still obtain all of the data it needs to produce its various output files. Then when I want to fly I switch back to the 820-layer scenery.cfg with the necessary scenery for that flight activated. Having all of the afcads scanned at the same time allows the various utilities to have constantly complete databases for all of the scenery installed, not just currently activated scenery.

What I wanted to do with Hammerfest was simply add the file containing the airport info, normally the afcad file, to the folder containing all other afcads for when I run MakeRwys. Because that file does not contain the needed information the utility databases also do not have data corresponding to your scenery. I have communicated with Pete Dowson and he is aware that different coding methods are being used for P3DV4, and obviously V3, and plans to work on a solution so MakeRwys provides complete data.

Again thanks for your reply and a great scenery.

Jeff

Archived