Request to send error log File

I have installed recently Prepar3D v4 . I have installed all my orbx scenery succesfully in to Prepar3D v4. Today I went to install some UK2000 airports which said they were compatible with Prepar3Dv4. However on coming to install it only gave the option to install into a path for Prepar3D v3 so I chose this path but entered the path for P3D V 4.

The airports have installed succesfully in Prepar3D v4 but when I opened FTX Central 3 I now have a Prepar3Dv3 as well as Prepar3D v4. I should stress that i do not have Prepar3D v3. If I open the Prepar3D v4 and go to settings to indicate the insertion point for FtX entries and openLC entries it does not show the airports I have installed into Prepar3Dv4.

I get a message on opening Prepar3Dv3 to send a log file.

I have attached this with a screenshot.

I presume it is because I made the mistake of choosing the install path for Prepar3D v 3.

I would be grateful for any help you can offer for this.

Thank-you

Michael Houghton

FSS0471919

Order Date 2016-03-29

FTX C3 error.png

ftxc3.log

Hello Micheal,

This is the error message.

System.Exception: Could not find your terrain.cfg file. It does not exist at F:\Lockheed Martin Prepar3DV4\terrain.cfg

The terrain.cfg file is not at that location in version 4.

It is here: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

FTX Central is told to look there by this line

"TerrainConfigLocation": "%PRIORITYCONFIG%\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\terrain.cfg",

in  C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Orbx\Simulators\p3dv4.c3json

I attach this file.

p3dv4.c3json

Hi Nick,

Thank-you for getting back about this but I am still not absiolutely sure what I am to do. I have attached a screenprint of my p3dv4.c3json. How do I tell FTX to look at the correct place.

Please could you explain what I need to do.

Thank-you.

Michael Houghton

p3dv4.c3json.jpg

Hello,

I have no idea why your copy of FTX Central would be looking in the P3Dv4 root folder

for the terrain.cfg file.

There are two possibilities, one that your installation is somehow being read as for P3D v2.4.

I believe that this was the last P3D version to have the terrain.cfg file in that location.

The other is that the json file is corrupt.

Both of these are highly unlikely but need to be ruled out.

Please replace the .json file with mine and see if it makes any difference.

Hi Nick,

I now have managed to get rid of the reference to prepar3D v 3 . However i still don't think it is quite right because I attach some screenshots of my scenery file in P3D V4 but when i run FTX central and look at the Library insertion point it does not show the add on airports.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help with this problem.

Regards,

Mike

Library insertion point 1.jpg

Library insertion point 2.jpg

scenery Library.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived