Hillbank Farm, Cootamundra

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

A rainy and sometimes foggy day down under.

Could that be it...? Looks too short for a landing strip...

Posted Image

O, it's on the other side! Almost missed it! Wow, looks cool!

Posted Image

Looks VERY cool! Very nice looking approach this is!!! One of the best so far!

Posted Image

Er... the manual was right about that silo: it's a bit in the way...

Posted Image

And who put that car there? While evading the silo I had to add more power to stay up there. Coming in too high and hard now...

Posted Image

Luckily the slope goes uphill and the Scout doesn't need much room, so all is fine. Hope I didn't scare the horses... (Well, I DID actually: I stopped already halfway the strip (love that Scout) and drove all the way up to the end to see the horses. So all that dust isn't from me landing too hard but driving and braking too hard... ;)

Posted Image

Oops, I see now I forgot to put the flaps up after landing... Ah, I am way too excited for little things like that. ;)

Guest J van E

You bet I like it! I'm having a great time! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mark!

And LOL about the zebra's!!! ;D

That's a great looking strip!  Congrats on the landing and congrats to Mark for all these freeware airports/strips!

How about an official FTX screenshot "showcase" of the freeware airports/strips? 

Maybe one shot per airport/strip to show people what they look like, the name and direction to the airport/strip, and who took the actual screenshot. 

I would never have tried that strip until I saw the picture!  Hence the showcase would really help people decide where to explore!

Guest J van E

It's a nice idea, but to tell you the truth I kinda like NOT knowing what I will find out there...! Everytime I set off to yet another airfield I think 'What shall I find there...?' Sometimes it's not too much, sometimes it is nice and sometimes it's WOW! (This one was WOW!) I like the surprises! In fact I ought to apologize to everyone for spoiling the surprise for you! From now on I will post no more screenies of the freeware strips. Naaaaaaaaaah, of course I will, just kidding ya, ;D but I DO like not knowing it all! Still it's a nice idea: no one is forced to look at such a topic. ;)

Archived