Dovetail Games FSW has been updated with some more realistic clouds :

Shots were taken around KSFF Felts - Spokane WA . USA

2017-7-27_22-17-39-812.BMP.jpg

2017-7-27_22-19-11-446.BMP.jpg

2017-7-27_22-22-23-876.BMP.jpg

2017-7-27_22-25-10-261.BMP.jpg

2017-7-27_22-25-51-101.BMP.jpg

trueSKY

• Introduction of trueSKY-based advanced weather engine. Weather themes represented in trueSKY are denoted by the “advanced” label in the weather selection menu. These themes will only be available when advanced weather is activated. You can toggle this setting on and off under the DISPLAY section in the Settings menu.

This sim is slowly rounding into shape in my humble opinion .

Cheers

John

Great caps John...

Having tried it for myself I would have to say it needs a lot of work, but shows potential. At the moment the sky and terrain seems totally separate, with the need to tie the lighting together; they also need to modify the boiling effect, that on some cloud structures look like writhing snakes and is very odd indeed. The final thing is the cloud resolution, which is very blocky, although I did change this in the cfg, which helped somewhat.

At times the distant atmospherics looks stunning, esp. at dawn/dusk, helped by crepuscular rays and realistic lighting on the cloud surfaces... If they get this right it could be spectacular.

45 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Great caps John...

Having tried it for myself I would have to say it needs a lot of work, but shows potential. At the moment the sky and terrain seems totally separate, with the need to tie the lighting together; they also need to modify the boiling effect, that on some cloud structures look like writhing snakes and is very odd indeed. The final thing is the cloud resolution, which is very blocky, although I did change this in the cfg, which helped somewhat.

At times the distant atmospherics looks stunning, esp. at dawn/dusk, helped by crepuscular rays and realistic lighting on the cloud surfaces... If they get this right it could be spectacular.

Hey Mark - I totally agree with everything you said . One question for you is : How do you change the time in FSW ?? .

John

Just now, BradB said:

How do you change the time in FSW ?? .

You can only do it in the flight planning stage... you need to click on the configure cog/button on the Weather section, and then you can select time and season from a tab. I find this very clunky and I hate the fact I can't* make any changes once the flight has begun :(

*unless I'm missing something?

Excellent way to showcase this sim John.  I agree, I like those clouds and I didn't know as Ken mentioned you can pull in some Orbx so it'll be even better.  This sim is coming along very nicely and it's a great time to be simming isn't it?  

Archived