Here we go again!

tennyson

Guest tennyson57

Well, the answer is, not so good.

I've reformatted the drive and re-installed win 7 about 3 times.

I suppose old fools never learn. I have done all this with everything hooked up to the PC.

My computer is far from standard, so what I should have done (and have always done previously) is take it out of the room, set it up on the dining room table with a single monitor, remove the network card and do the install.

The SSD was a pain to fit in my removeable cartridge and ended up drilling holes and filing just to make it fit nice and snug. I bought a OCZ SSD mounting kit (for $25.00), boy did they see me coming. In the end I didn't use it anyway.

Anyhow, I have it under way now and I'll soon be putting FSX and FTX on.

I've also screwed up my login here and now I'm using an old log-in from yonks back, so will have to have a talk to Jay about that, too.

So, it's back to the grind, should have it all up and happy this time next week....haha...if I'm not flying this time tomorrow, I'll be very upset!

Frank

Guest tennyson57

Ok,

I was up to the wee hours of this morning getting FSX and FTX on.

I haven't done any tinkering or finished my install yet, but I gotta say that the SSD is unbelievable.

My frames are set at 27 with the sliders nearly all the way and it's so smooth. I tried some of the heavier scenery (YMML, which I love to fly to and from), smooth as silk. Loading textures are so quick and smooth.

I would now say that there are three things in life I can't live without for FSX:

1. FTX

2. Rex

3. I7

4. SSD

I'm so pleased with the results it was almost worth reinstalling 6 times......haha

Gotta get back to the installation........

Frank

Archived