CAG8 Pender and CAX6 Ganges, CAC8 Nanaimo gone?

I can't find the water aerodromes, and Ganges with Vector seem to have elevation issues. 

I have taken screenshoots for you. But because the files are not allowed to be of any size ... I cant upload them.... 

On the picture boats and marinas are there. But maybe that is just autogen.

All the best

Jens Michlas

Thank You...

I have P3D v4,  FS Global Ultimate, Ftx Global Base, Vector and Open LC NA

On 26/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

This is how to upload screen shots

ZcX5LEV.jpg

Nanaimo CAC8

BMDNwsU.jpg

Pender CAG8

N1zpf0u.jpg

Ganges CAX6

Hello Jens,

Thanks for uploading the screen clips; they are a big help in figuring out what is wrong.

Your shot of Pender Harbour shows that the landclass outside of the area CAG8 covers is very wrong. Do you have the required FTX PNW installed and if so, is the insertion point correct?

PNW must be above the other Orbx products in your list in order for it to show up. The attached screen clip shows what Pender looks like with only PNW active.  As stated on the OrbxDirect product page, you must have the payware PNW in order for these seaplane bases to work correctly.

So first off, make sure PNW is working correctly.

The second thing you can see in the Pender shot is that the main model at Garden Bay is missing.  This is because the ObjectFlow module has not been released yet.  I refer you to this post and the bold type in particular:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/137931-freeware-titles-available-for-p3dv4/

My advice would be to just wait until the ObjectFlow  is available (via an Orbx Lib update)  before trying to use the seaplane bases because they are heavily dependent on ObjectFlow.

Additionally, your shot of Nanaimo is actually a shot of Vancouver BC. Nanaimo is across the Strait of Georgia.  But you will have the same issues there.

pender.JPG

Hi Larry_R.

I look into it...

By the way ..Maybe these are related. 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139080-openlc-south-america-not-loaded/#comment-1229754

I also experience P3D v4 is working on the scenery.cfg everytime I restart my computer and P3D. So I check again.

2xzpYSr.jpg

G9LSdSY.jpg

XcQCbue.jpg

y9fLWGa.jpg

BUT? DOES THE AREODROMES NOT SHOW UP IF I DONT HAVE PACIFIC NW?

Haven't thought about that..

fPUZW34.jpg

Hi Jens,

I did not see FTX PNW in your scenery library. If the seaplane bases are in the correct location in the scenery library they will more or less show up but they may be completely unusable. They may be surrounded by land for example. What does show up will have elevation problems and the scenery will not match the surrounding area.

It looks like your scenery order is very messed up. Trying to help you sort it all out is beyond my skill level so I'll refer you to Nick; he's the expert in this sort of  thing. This problem will affect many of your Orbx products.

One possibility is that you forgot to set your scenery insertion point in FTXC3, or did not set it properly. For example I notice that your Australian airports are underneath the AUS regional product, and thus will be buried.

The scenery insertion point setting in FTXC3 works like this;  FTXC3 can't know which of your existing products should be above (on top of) your Orbx products so you have to tell it. However at this point, I doubt that FTXC3 can fix your scenery order by simply setting the correct insertion point. Over to Nick.  

Larry_R Thank you

About elevation problems.. here Ganges..

0MvqOvy.jpg

Insertions Points. 

pSz0HtO.jpg

How in Earth name can one controle the order of the ORBX sceneries?

Jens :)

Hello,

I have rearranged your scenery.cfg file and attached it.

Please back your existing one up and replace it with this one.

It will of course not solve any problems with Larry's bases due to you not having PNW

but all the other Orbx destinations should look much better.

scenery.cfg

Thank you very much.. That's a very big job I guess.

Well - as I have learned the Aerodromes are not working because I dont have the NW scenery....

467NOFG.jpg

But I think the South American LC should be working and accutally maybe is a more relevant focus..  But it is not working sadly..

I have attached pictures frrom the coast and the middle of the continent.. And for me I does not look properly.. The coast city is Forteleza by Pablo Ricardo.

KCEsG6F.jpg

CbtxEGF.jpg

MxQJM4u.jpg

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/139080-openlc-south-america-not-loaded/#comment-1229754

SBBR  Brasilia B)

S15° 51.65'  W47° 54.74'

pIObQ6E.jpg

QxYcNU1.jpg

Now I do diskdefrag also. Because I accually got 13% frag... maybe thats relevant...

Fragmentation has sometimes been the case when the programs and computers didnt performed what they should do. 

e8XUu8u.jpg

Nick Cooper ...hmmm

I think maybe I have taken you guys for a tour in the park. 

My SSD is fragmentet... I have learned that the SSD should not be defragmented...

Seem to be wrong decision...:DeadHorse:

Then I checked my SDD and IT HAD 46% FRAGMENTATION...!

I just had to update my Defrag program ... And there is an option to defrag SDDs .

vgEuJPT.jpg

28 minutes ago, Julean said:

Nick Cooper ...hmmm

I think maybe I have taken you guys for a tour in the park. 

My SSD is fragmentet... I have learned that the SSD should not be defragmented...

Seem to be wrong decision...:DeadHorse:

Then I checked my SDD and IT HAD 46% FRAGMENTATION...!

I just had to update my Defrag program ... And there is an option to defrag SDDs .

vgEuJPT.jpg

Julean,

Even if it is possible, imho is not, it would be a waste of time: the system has direct access to the data stored on the SSD (they are like an extension of the Ram - they are not accessed by a pick up on a rotating disk).

Cheers,

Voyager

Ok ...Thank you Nick

I think I had way too many expectations to the scenery, when it came to detail and colors. 

Actually I can’t distinct between having LC or not, except for the grey lines that are roads..

I was somewhat naive and look forward so some kind of experience in flying through South America.. And experiencing the landscape. 

I dont get it, they say it's 6 Gb... 

This is the Google scenery of the area... And a lot more is going on. 

More to see when flying, not the carpet..

But Nick thank you very much for all your work.. You spend you sunday, and I appreciate you guys helping.

skVlT6W.jpg

Jens :)

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Julean,

Even if it is possible, imho is not, it would be a waste of time: the system has direct access to the data stored on the SSD (they are like an extension of the Ram - they are not accessed by a pick up on a rotating disk).

Cheers,

Voyager

Thank you.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jens,

From your screenshot you are not seeing CAX6 as it should be. It's not even close! See the attached clip taking from roughly the same spot. Besides the missing racing sailboat and the Salt Spring Air Beaver, notice that you are seeing objects that are not a part of CAX6 like the yellow cub, the dock in the foreground, the wharf objects from a default library, default houses on top of what should be there, and other problems.

If you have Victoria Plus for Orbx PNW please see the compatibility instructions in the User Guide.  If you do not have Vic Plus, uncheck CAX6 in your scenery library and see what's interfering with it. Some AI packages may add fake seaplane bases so you want to check that possibility too. You will also want to confirm that CAX6 is above FTX PNW in the scenery library.

Also notice the difference between  the PNW trees on the skyline in your shot and mine. I would suggest you uncheck 'dynamic vegetation'. Make sure your Orbx libs are up to date in order to see the higher density of the trees.

Capture.JPG

Thank you Larry. 

Duhh - Sorry for not making the same screenshoot angle as you did.. I would have been easier.
I don't have other sceneries relevant in that area than base, vector, Northwest, S Alaska N and S California and FS Global Ultimate mesh, Open LC Nord America.  I have FSDreamteam Vancouver but can hardly be relevant. I dont have any afcad from Mytraffic either. I have FTX Global Trees HD. EnvTEX, ASP3D4, ASCA.

Maybe these are problem following a very strange policy that sceneries are above airports.. This is a very strange polticy for a simmer that has been taught never to put airport sceneris "under ground so to speak" meaning lower priority... Maybe I am total wrong but I sure have experiences with this.. And it started with KPSP Palm Springs where I occupied some forum support. And bad sad I think is,  when I move an airport then FTX Central puts the sceneries into the old priority. 

There is something going on.

The situation with Palm springs on an other occation

HG1Rmf6.jpg

KPSP after move above Californian scenery.... 

RQC9EEG.jpg 

My KPSP forum post..  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134735-kpsp-palm-springs-not-loading-in-p3d/#comment-1199620

Namaimo after move

G240c1P.jpg

Namaimo after restart of P3D v4 where the scenery is moved under the scenery what it seem again by FTX Central.

OWBIwPf.jpg

Pender before move

zcMoY2t.jpg

Pender after move

nWbCW7v.jpg

Ganges before move

C1fHd4e.jpg

Ganges after the move

Hw7tKYG.jpg

1 hour ago, Julean said:

Maybe these are problem following a very strange policy that sceneries are above airports.. This is a very strange polticy for a simmer that has been taught never to put airport sceneris "under ground so to speak" meaning lower priority... Maybe I am total wrong but I sure have experiences with this.. And it started with KPSP Palm Springs where I occupied some forum support. And bad sad I think is,  when I move an airport then FTX Central puts the sceneries into the old priority.

48 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Please attach your scenery.cfg file to the next post.

Thanks.

Jens, I'm sure you know this but just to be sure:  the convention is that when one says that an airport goes  'on top of' or 'above' another piece of scenery, this refers the way the scenery library appears in the sim.  The scenery.cfg has this order inverted.  FTXC3 will put Orbx airports and regions in the proper order. Over to Nick. Be sure to attach your scenery.cfg so he can take a look at what you have.

On 8/12/2017 at 4:18 PM, Larry_R said:

Jens, I'm sure you know this but just to be sure:  the convention is that when one says that an airport goes  'on top of' or 'above' another piece of scenery, this refers the way the scenery library appears in the sim.  The scenery.cfg has this order inverted.  FTXC3 will put Orbx airports and regions in the proper order. Over to Nick. Be sure to attach your scenery.cfg so he can take a look at what yo

I hate to say this Jens, but your scenery order is *completely* mixed up. How it got that way I have no idea. No wonder you don't see the seaplane bases as you should. Probably other scenery too.  This will challenge even for Nick.

28 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

I hate to say this Jens, but your scenery order is *completely* mixed up. How it got that way I have no idea. No wonder you don't see the seaplane bases as you should. Probably other scenery too.  This will challenge even for Nick.

The incredible thing is that it just happen during the daily use...

And the stange thing is how the FTXs sceneries get mixed up.. Because its handled by FTX Central... The only thing is that I have put som LC in the LC area...

There are these in the scenry.cfg that the sim rejected. These I have to reinstall or work with at some time.

Area.269]
Title=LatinVFR Miami Int'l KMIA P3dv4
Local=C:\Users\Julean\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\LatinVFR Miami Int'l KMIA P3dv4
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=269

[Area.270]
Title=LatinVFR San Diego P3Dv4
Local=C:\Users\Julean\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\LatinVFR San Diego P3Dv4
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=270

[Area.271]
Title=LatinVFR San Juan TJSJ P3Dv4
Local=C:\Users\Julean\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\LatinVFR San Juan TJSJ P3Dv4
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=271

[Area.272]
Title=Lorby-SI Content
Local=C:\Users\Julean\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Lorby-SI Content
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=272

[Area.273]
Title=Lorby-SI FireFighterX_P3D_V4
Local=C:\Users\Julean\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Lorby-SI FireFighterX_P3D_V4
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=273

Mystery... Are there some P3D v4 sociology and phycology text's 

But that should not have anything with FTX layers to do... I think :-D

Archived