Will this PC work with FSX/REX2/FTX Over YMML?

VOZzer

Hello everyone!

A new forum member here. I currently use FS2004 with VOZ 1.8, however at around new year I'm upgrading to FSX, paired with REX 2 and all of Orbx's sceneries.

To get all this however - I need a new PC. I've decided on a spec and price (I'll post below) - And I'd like you guys to tell me how it'd run.

I wish to run FSX with REX 2, combined with all of Orbx's sceneries, and over their Melbourne (YMML) Airport. I want the FSX settings set to High/Extremely High (so I need a good spec) - and still I want to achive around 25-30 FPS (sliders maxed out).

This is the system I'm talking about (I'm based in UK btw):

Custom Built By Arbico (http://www.arbico.co.uk/index.html)

- i7 3.06Ghz Processor (NOT Overclocked - I don't know how the hell to Overclock >:( - and would rather not risk it).

- 6GB Crucial DDR3 RAM

- 896MB nVidia GTX 260 GFX Card

- Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Motherboard

- 500GB SATA HDD Drive

- The OS will be Windows 7 - However I don't know wether I should get 32bit or 64 bit. Which will run better and which is best for FSX/REX2/Orbx?

- Price £1,099

Thanks very much for reading my post - I'd love to hear your honest feedback about this system - and if I'd get the results I want. Also - I know it's cheaper to self-build the PC, but I've had no experience in doinig that and would rather just have a pre-built stable system for the next 3-4 years.

Thanks very much

VOZzer ;D

Everyone - Please note - I have the option for an extra £75 to Overlock the Processor to i7 3.60Ghz, but I'd also have to spend an extra £40 on another cooling option.

If I do choose the Overclock, I'll have to choose the 1GB nVidia 9600GT GFX Card instead of the GTX260.

What do you think? GTX 260 and i7 3.06Ghz or 9600GT and i7 3.60Ghz?

I'd also appreciate opinions on wether the system above will run FSX with my requirements well.

Cheers.

Archived