P3d v4 - massive grafic problems at RJTT

Hi,

after installing vector in v4 I get massive grafic problems at RJTT (Tokyo Haneda). The screen is flickering like crazy. No option for RJTT to disable or enable in config tool.

Slewing some miles away all is back to normal, disabling vector all is back to normal. Installed is Global, Vector and all OLC's.

RJTT.jpg

I can confirm this one.  noticed it a week ago, but don't really fly there often.  Just fired up the sim to test it.  disabling the vector entries in scenery library cleared it.  I'm going to try to reenable the parts of vector one by one to isolate.

Dear Orbx team
Me too. I get serious grafic problems at RJTT (Tokyo Haneda). After installing vector to P3Dv4 ,the picture around RJTT is awfully distorted, cracking  blinking or flashing on and off With unstalling vector, the probulem disappeared. Then I reinstalling, problemes come back. There is no problem at the other airports in Japan, such as RJGG RJOO RJAA RJBB and so on.
My system Win10 64bit, GeForce GTX1070 8GB, 64GB Ram, 500GB SSD,1TB HHD

nope!  I haven't installed the v4 version on my v4 install yet,  waiting for object flow to drop and do it all at once.  I'm still using the 3.4 version aliased to my v4 scenery library.  unfortunately this means it isn't likely a new file, but a new conflict with an old file.  I have determined that it is something in the objects folder,  all other folders active works fine, just need to figure out the tile designation for the tokyo area so I can disable some bgl's and see what works.  probably a bridge model or poi or something.

the file you need to disable is 8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl  in FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

lol I worked it the other way, and used tmf viewer to find that 8519 is the tile for Tokyo

that's good, too because I won't miss a few railroad bridges while ORBX fixes this one.

I do have the same issue at Southend (EGMC) airport. There is a narrow line, almost like a road, running across the runway at about 100 ft altitude, running northbound - and when I follow it, it goes on for a while then suddenly disappears. Uninstalled Vector, problem is gone. Reinstalled it, problem back. At the exact same location. Prepar3D V4 here, FTX Global+Vector+OpenLC EU.

2017-7-23_12-19-41-27.jpg

2017-7-23_12-19-47-574.jpg

2017-7-23_12-20-24-729.jpg

2017-7-23_12-20-37-972.jpg

2017-7-23_12-27-6-716.jpg

It IS Vector. Disabling ALL transportation features SOLVED the issue. So yes, Vector is to blame. I will now, one by one, turn back on each transportation feature to catch which one is causing the problem.

On 2017/7/23 at 1:19 PM, Morpheus said:

Hi,

after installing vector in v4 I get massive grafic problems at RJTT (Tokyo Haneda). The screen is flickering like crazy. No option for RJTT to disable or enable in config tool.

Slewing some miles away all is back to normal, disabling vector all is back to normal. Installed is Global, Vector and all OLC's.

RJTT.jpg

On 2017/7/23 at 3:10 PM, ShawnG said:

the file you need to disable is 8519_OBJ_ExtrusionBridges_Railway.bgl  in FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

lol I worked it the other way, and used tmf viewer to find that 8519 is the tile for Tokyo

that's good, too because I won't miss a few railroad bridges while ORBX fixes this one.

Thanks Shawn!!   I will tell my friends this information!

• 4 months later...

I contacted TechnoBrain re RJTT again today and received the following reply:

This is TechnoBrain Support.
We are sorry for keeping you waiting. 

We already have sent a mail before <2018/4/4>.
Did you receive it?
Anyway we are very sorry for your waitting.
I reprinting it as bellow. 
However we are thinking about this is not nice solution.
We will do further investigation for it. If we found better solution for it, we would upload an updata.

Reprinting..
According to the results of this survey,
"8519_OBJ_ExtrsionBridges_Railway.bgl" file is probably causing some problem to Tokyo area. It causes not only our product but also default Tokyo area.

<Scenery Location: ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ>

This file seems like the data related to railway bridge.
So this problem is cleared by change extension name or disable extension, something like, change it’ name to "8519_OBJ_ExtrsionBridges_Railway.bgl_" or remove it.
This is what we can say at the moment. Because this ORBX is not our product.

Thank you very much for your patience.
And if I had misunderstood what you say, please tell us again.

TechnoBrain Support

I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

You seem to have defined chaseplane as the cause of your problem already.

Have you asked its developers?

Hi :)

At first I had really thought Chaseplane was the issue, but later I found that even I closed chaseplane, the flickering still continued. That’s why at the moment I still can’t confirm the culprit.

As users in this thread claimed that remove a Vector .bgl file can rectify the issue, I am thinking if there will be another file to delete for FTX Global-only-user as well.

Thanks,

Anson

Archived