10000 rpm HDD & WIN 7

FreddyG

I currently have Vista and two HDDs with partitions. If I add another HDD with 10000rpm and install WIN7 on that can I run FSX on both operating systems and how do I change the current C:\ drive to the new drive which has to be C:\? I have Partition Mgr v.10 on my C: drive. (The above will be with a new MB as well.)

DO NOT USE Partition manager, use the inbuilt management in your current OS. Sorry to be so assertive here BUT I have seen many different Partition management programs FUBAR Drives, because they attempt to access the MBR differently and one program often reports errors when they actually done exist, resulting in people attempting to rectify errors only to foul things up .

Simply add your new HDD into the system and take note of the Serial No perhaps give it a Name (I have ALL my HDD's Named so I can cross check if needed.)

Now after the HDD is named and you are sure you can access it freely boot with your W7 Install Disk and allow it to detect the current OS and select the Dual Boot option or INSTALL to another Partition whereby you look for the paticular name you gave it and install as normal.

When you reboot you should be given the option which OS to boot from.

As for running FSX in both OS's can be done but can be messy , Make a copy of your current install (COMPLETE) and place it elsewhere on the system and then Install in W7 To the same location as your using for XP or Vista. Then after install copy back your original.

You should now be able to run FSX from the same installation in either OS.

Archived