Open LC South America - Various shots.

Open LC South America is in the final stage of testing. So I decided to post screenshots from various places in South America.

ozQ7hlJ1adrghf4595a35d276791.jpg

MgeiRBBzX3Sfl2O595a362aef429.jpg

Kjl89RBMV6N27li595a362aefaf6.jpg

vmZgNrtJFIwdTdz595a362b153a7.jpg

PUumbjz6EhiY3jT595a362bc8d56.jpg

KotM5mn7j1pI9yT595a362b9f446.jpg

VbLK7zceIPUEZVW595a362bc9271.jpg

erSKs3akQTEmRf2595a362c3fb9d.jpg

9t5vANbfw33GCTK595a362c2c00f.jpg

rjaMqB5einERG2z595a362c86a00.jpg

rize7HbJmyj3bQW595a36308bf32.jpg

5iFRIIW8j5Gp6XA595a3630ee8ab.jpg

9o8MOdDhWBC1I9G595a363192427.jpg

vdPPYyfj3TiKcHT595a3631e3f17.jpg

DLFFyarCx4bu56j595a363242a2f.jpg

4w7u0pm8Akga2sD595a363232bd3.jpg

L5Hdpc6dZRT047s595a3632366d6.jpg

4omcvhTezmqb2un595a3632cf1d6.jpg

Y2gpJOxobN0KL7q595a3632d2b0b.jpg

hNQfqQrgjuRJsMB595a3632901f9.jpg

XlvA3asnEYpT0VG595a363352212.jpg

WXo7NPUFmbnRIQb595a363347964.jpg

NlZrCPqsiSgWZth595a363340e7b.jpg

LxyWxs7AvIG8ECf595a363390ddc.jpg

D09LAR6Jni5LElQ595a36339ee5e.jpg

J0cqR3RpcC6e5iE595a3633bf041.jpg

Hw9uzrpxtYDB38z595a36386dd54.jpg

LDMIx1f3rhCUfEy595a36386e161.jpg

bhF9YGaEvPu7zWK595a3638d2918.jpg

3k0I4tly26xqLPV595a363925621.jpg

uTs5DG1zTphXNYX595a363925a42.jpg

js0qten99E1lfAG595a36392eac9.jpg

Eugene,

Excellent set & looking forward to flying there again.

Patagonia, Chile, Peru, Argentina/ Brazil, the North East, so much to discover

Could you advise if you are using FSX or P3D Version??

Also, where is the Northern boundary for the region?

Thanks

TTM

Being Bolivian i've waited for this day for so long! Please pay close attention to a few great opportunities to show detail in Bolivia.

La Paz, Bolivia - Mt Illimani (an incredible feature visible from the airport,heart of the andes.)

Cochabamba, Bolivia - El Christo De La Concordia (christ statue on mountain, similar to Brazil, i think bigger, also visible from airport which is littered with abandoned legendary aircraft btw, wink)

Lake Titicaca - Bordering Peru & Bolivia, its incredible with some amazing islands, VFR heaven if your plane can take the altitude ;)

Edson

TheSkyLounge.tv

Woohoo! I've been looking forward to this for so long, and it doesn't disappoint :D

One minor quibble (which falls outside the scope of OpenLC anyway): The large cities could use taller buildings. I guess that would be taken care of by Buildings HD or separate POI addons.

Wonderful to see these preview shots! Been looking forward to them for a long time.

As an aside, I'm wondering whether it's possible to add a bit more detail as to location in the caption. I'm curious where some of these places are. It all looks great, by the way.

Very Good News.

I have travelled quite a bit to South America (in particular the Northern part) and continue to do so. Have also flown over this area to varied destinations.

Something I have noticed in our sims is the lack of realistic LC for rainforest cover that extends for hundreds/thousands of miles and whose colour when viewed from the air has a particular tone of green that has nothing to do with say Northern European green. Also most rivers carry a lot sediment and tend to be light brown/redish brown caused by the type of redish/ocre colour earth fairly prevalent in Rainforest/Tropical areas. There are also huge plains like Los Llanos spanning hundreds of miles in Colombia and Venezuela. 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@8.7885884,-61.2599655,173665m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@8.1688304,-76.7799974,36612m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@-17.1919764,-56.4129188,6631286m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Looking forward to this addition to our LC series. Just an observation which I hope won't be taken as criticism. Fully appreciate creating LC for a whole continent is not an easy task.

In any case I love all the ORBX products.

Regards

The world isn't getting any bigger, but ORBX surely makes it feel like the planet is expanding and in the flightsim world it definitely is. It is wonderful to see this new step which is lightyears ahead of what we ever seen before in this wonderful continent. Hopefully, ORBX has some unaccounced secrets, airports, cityscapes, etc. in the early pipeline that will enrich the experience even more. Congratulations to the team for bringing this on!

Could you post some Screenshots of the City of Lago Agrio (airport ICAO is SENL). This City is missing completely from the original landclass. The airport is there, and FTX Vector adds the streets, but the buildings are missing, everything is just jungle. I would like to see if that has changed. 

1 hour ago, Baires said:

Will there be any major airport added to the list, to further enhance this package???

Thank you!

Rafael

I would like it but most are already done by other developers (although some are very old)

Yes, please!
I've toured South America in FS9 with various addons, but back then the landclass was very broad-brush. Be able to start at Tierra del Fuego and end in the Aleutians, now we have something to see all the way.

OLC's don't include enhanced airports traditionally, they are only in Full Fat Regions, so I am not expecting any.

Nice shots and look forward to the release.

Yes there are many airports for South America already, most made for FSX but I have been using very successfully in v3.4 and now v4.

SA is somewhat neglected in regard to decent airports in relation to the main areas of the world that the sims seem to concentrate on. A lot of just a runway and a tower.

13 hours ago, Ripcord said:

Love it -- can almost see the llamas grazing on the plains...

LLAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  -for us old people that know their Monty Python.

What's great is this does not have to wait for ObjectFlow!

Installing my S.A. airports into P3Dv4 right now!

Very believable landscapes. Finally the default set can be put to rest.

I just hope that the source data was good enough to remove the villages and potato fields from my beloved Canaima N.P. where some fields were even on top of the tepuys.

18 hours ago, baptista said:

Great shots. Now, I am going to rediscover this beautiful continent. Swampy regions in the north center, the mountain ranges and our rich coastline. Thanks for the pictures,

Baptista.

Hi Baptista, just to be ready, I purchased Paulo Ricardo's beautiful airports and sceneries. Great support from him; hi swiftly sent me upgrades for P3D v4. I even purchased airports in Argentina (Baires & Tierra del Fuego); you know, after reading Bruce Chatwin book about Patagonia, I always dreamed to get there.

2 hours ago, farman said:

Hi Baptista, just to be ready, I purchased Paulo Ricardo's beautiful airports and sceneries. Great support from him; hi swiftly sent me upgrades for P3D v4. I even purchased airports in Argentina (Baires & Tierra del Fuego); you know, after reading Bruce Chatwin book about Patagonia, I always dreamed to get there.

An interesting journey is to start at Tierra del Fuego & fly up the mountain range "spine" to Colombia, or vice versa.

TTM

Ok Farman, and TigerTigerM, now with this launch LC South America you will have great flights from the region of Patagonia to Colombia, viewing the entire Andes Mountains, as well as our Brazilian region. Paulo Ricardo is a great appraiser I am sure that will enrich this project of Orbx.

4 hours ago, farman said:

Hello Farman.

Are the PR v4 upgrades coming from PR direct, or does he have them out with the main re-sellers? 

I have had a look around & can't spot any v4 out there yet.

Hopefully in the future  Orbx will produce some SA airports to go with Open LC SA.

TTM

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

An interesting journey is to start at Tierra del Fuego & fly up the mountain range "spine" to Colombia, or vice versa.

TTM

TTM, thanks for your suggestion. I'm so eager to fly over the Andes range. Perhaps Cuzco add-on is compatible with P3D v4; who knows!

35 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Hello Farman.

Are the PR v4 upgrades coming from PR direct, or does he have them out with the main re-sellers? 

I have had a look around & can't spot any v4 out there yet.

Hopefully in the future  Orbx will produce some SA airports to go with Open LC SA.

TTM

TTM,

I wrote him (support email from SimMarket producer reference) asking for any existing update and he answerd faster than the speed of light! He sent me by mail any useful update file and suggestions. very kind of him. SO, in the end I bought all of his products; they're really outstanding.

Fulvio

12 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

OLC's don't include enhanced airports traditionally, they are only in Full Fat Regions, so I am not expecting any.

Nice shots and look forward to the release.

Yes there are many airports for South America already, most made for FSX but I have been using very successfully in v3.4 and now v4.

SA is somewhat neglected in regard to decent airports in relation to the main areas of the world that the sims seem to concentrate on. A lot of just a runway and a tower.

That's for sure - I was guessing that now that we will have an OpenLandClass - maybe ORBX can be generous and develop some Proper payware airports such as SABE, SCEL, SPJC, SEQM, among others.. to add to the OLC package as separate options.

There are many good Freeware versions, most good Payware are great at Brazil (Paulo Ricardo mainly), but the above mentioned airports are in desperate need of updates and detailed representation of them in P3D... 

Warm regards!

Rafael

20 hours ago, walterg74 said:

SABE was already included in the freeware packs.

I appreciate the effort and the consideration to add SABE in the freeware packs, but considering that there are already better Freeware representations of SABE, SAWH, SAWO, I'd have rather expected a detailed Payware version instead, first from SABE and then from SAWH and SAWO - for instance - 

FYI - Better Freeware Airports - although a little bit outdated ->

http://www.flightsimulatorarg.com.ar/xescenarios10.htm

http://francocordobafsa.blogspot.com.ar/2012/05/aeroparque-jorge-newbery-sabe.html (I've updated it to make it work at P3D)

SAWH/SAWO -> http://simargfsx.blogspot.com.ar/2015/02/blog-post_3.html

Happy Landings!

Rafael

Very nice shots, although it would be very helpful for us if each shot was accompanied by a description of location in South America. I hope we can see some of the dramatic Andes, the Amazonas river basin, the desert and arid coasts, lake Titicaca, etc.

Frankly, those images are excellent, as are most Orbx pics,  but they could be anywhere in Europe. Lets see some that have more of the South America geography.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:37 PM, Baires said:

Will there be any major airport added to the list, to further enhance this package???

Thank you!

Rafael

3 hours ago, Baires said:

That's for sure - I was guessing that now that we will have an OpenLandClass - maybe ORBX can be generous and develop some Proper payware airports such as SABE, SCEL, SPJC, SEQM, among others.. to add to the OLC package as separate options.

There are many good Freeware versions, most good Payware are great at Brazil (Paulo Ricardo mainly), but the above mentioned airports are in desperate need of updates and detailed representation of them in P3D... 

Warm regards!

Rafael

2 hours ago, Baires said:

I appreciate the effort and the consideration to add SABE in the freeware packs, but considering that there are already better Freeware representations of SABE, SAWH, SAWO, I'd have rather expected a detailed Payware version instead, first from SABE and then from SAWH and SAWO - for instance - 

FYI - Better Freeware Airports - although a little bit outdated ->

http://www.flightsimulatorarg.com.ar/xescenarios10.htm

http://francocordobafsa.blogspot.com.ar/2012/05/aeroparque-jorge-newbery-sabe.html (I've updated it to make it work at P3D)

SAWH/SAWO -> http://simargfsx.blogspot.com.ar/2015/02/blog-post_3.html

Happy Landings!

Rafael

Hello and welcome.

This is called spamming and will quickly result in a ban from these forums.

Please stop.

Archived