General Advice Help appreciated

ljfitzy

Hey all,

Just after some advice as to why all my FTX products run so slow, when i think, my computer is pretty good..

This is happenin mostly with the melbourne airport scenery, i have followed all the reccomended settings given on the user guide, but still it performs ordinarily.

my specs

2 nvidea 8500's 256ea (total 512mbs on graphics cards

windows 7, running direct X 11

4 gig of ram

Amd athlon 64X2

dual core processor 4600+ 2.40ghz processor

IS this a good system to run the programs at reccomended specs

and what can i do to maybe help run it smoothly

help will be appreciated,

cheers, liam australia

Hi Liam,

Would you be so kind as to add your order number(s) to your signature, as per this post? http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1415.0

But a quick answer:

Your 256MB video cards are too low spec to run the texture loads needed for our airports. FSX won't see the other video card in SLI, so that's being wasted.

Secondly, your CPU is only 2.4GHz, which is pretty low spec these days as well.

Direct X11 under Windows 7 does not offer any performance benefit, since FSX is only optimised for DX9. The DX10 preview mode (which we don't recommend) is a little buggy and adds only two different shader effects.

thanks for your promt reply john and i hope my profile now meets specs..

what would you sggest i upgrade my computer too  to help run your programs...

Avalon works well with what i have, as does coffs harbour and launceston.. i have access to a nvidea 9500gt graphics card which has 512mb?? however, the performances seemed similar when i compared the too

i look forwrd to hearing more from u snd i really am excited about your proudcts.. im a commercial pilot and they help with my on going training

Archived