Business as usual!

Adam Banks

I don't know what to say!  That first one looks like a real photo with Alabeo's 195 copied and pasted on to it!  I love this preset for clarity Adam.  As I sit here near KATL and look out my window right this minute I see the same blue sky and clouds.  So I think it's time to revisit Adam's PTA preset!

Thanks for the nice comments, folks!

The current 25_01 preset of mine is a bit of a lash-up: mainly my old 21_11 with just HDR and contrast adjustments. It was done without any 3rd party sky/cloud textures.

I've since persuaded my old FEX to add the clouds - though I think my *sky* colours used to be done with REX/TD - which is still waiting for a hotfix. I could give it a go (without touching water textures - as with FEX) but I think I'd rather wait until this SkyFarce3D thing comes out - though I'm more than a little disturbed by all the confusion in the REX forums. I may just go for Active Sky instead!

Either way - maybe not much point in releasing a new preset just yet ... unless there are loads of users out there with FEX!

In the meantime, it turns out the WACO got the makeover as well ...

alabeo_waco_nzaa_02_1350.jpg

Adam.

7 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

SkyFarce3D thing comes out - though I'm more than a little disturbed by all the confusion in the REX forums.

:lol::lol::lol:

Super nice Adam!  I didn't know the Waco was out.  I've been hesitant to put too many non-study level planes in V4.  But I made exceptions with the PC-12, Phenom 100, and 195 because they're just so darn much fun to fly!  I really want the Staggering soon.

And I agree, without my REX TH HD and Iain's theme I feel lost.  It's not the same.  So far I'm underwhelmed but I know it'll be a while till it's up to 3.4's speed.

Those looks great Adam... and finally Alabeo have allowed me to use my C172.  Your preset looks beautifully clean and crisp and I'll give it a try later.

BTW REX4 TD works perfectly with V4 as. The only issue, and that applied to V3, is the suneffect, which I don't use anyway.  Clouds, Sky, Water and everything else work fine, by simply pointing it to your V4 directory.

I wish the REX guys would not be so secretive about the new product... I prefer the old days :(

7 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

BTW REX4 TD works perfectly with V4 as. The only issue, and that applied to V3, is the suneffect, which I don't use anyway.  Clouds, Sky, Water and everything else work fine, by simply pointing it to your V4 directory.

I wish the REX guys would not be so secretive about the new product... I prefer the old days :(

Thanks for the tip, Mark - I may just give it it try. At least I 'll be able to use them until REX sort their act out (!!).

6 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

How did you get them into v4?

I am wrestling the Saratoga & it is winning.

The two Alabeo aircraft were full-blown P3Dv4-compatible updates, so no monkeying around. However - Alabeo don't appear to use the recommended LM method of putting add-ons outside the root P3D folder - everything went into P3D/Simobjects (as of old).

It's worth checking your account in Alabeo (or your regular vendor) as sometimes these updates appear before they're formally announced. Word soon gets out though!

Adam.

9 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Thanks for the tip, Mark - I may just give it it try. At least I 'll be able to use them until REX sort their act out (!!).

The two Alabeo aircraft were full-blown P3Dv4-compatible updates, so no monkeying around. However - Alabeo don't appear to use the recommended LM method of putting add-ons outside the root P3D folder - everything went into P3D/Simobjects (as of old).

It's worth checking your account in Alabeo (or your regular vendor) as sometimes these updates appear before they're formally announced. Word soon gets out though!

Adam.

It was a screen Font issue.

Sorted.

Shrunk font & P3D v4 option showed. Will look at location out of curiosity.

TTM

Archived