Southern California scenery difficulties in PD4

I think there are issues with the Southern California scenery install I have in Prepared v4.

1) I have ALL graphics settings set to MAX and yet my textures don't look near as good as what Im seeing on this site and youtube etc.

2) I have attached a screenshot showing the "crappy" textures on a mountain and showing two (2) "HOLLYWOOD signs" on the hillside.

Could there be a texture "overlap" of both the default and Orbx textures?

3) I have attached a second screenshot showing the "crappy" textures on a mountain. The jet texture looks GREAT as Prepared graphic settings are set to MAX.

4) Also the airport KBUR texture elevations are ALL screwed up. The KLAX airport elevations are fine.

Did I need to purchased FTX Global Base 1st before adding individual scenery sets such as the one I have "Southern California" in order for it to show correctly?

My system:

Win 10 Pro  64bit

i7-7700 360Ghz

24GB RAM

Graphics card: Radeon HD 7750 EYE 6. 2GB DDR5 4k UHD resolution

Anyone know what the heck is going on or not going on? Thanks in advance!

so-cal3-dual-hollywood signs.JPG

so-cal3.JPG

Hi, welcome to the forums,

Just to start, I don't think your graphics card can handle the high settings you are forcing on it, try reducing the settings to something very conservative and see if it makes a difference. :)

Cheers

Doug

I know this is a ridiculous suggestion but have you gone into scenery and ticked the option to enable the layers. 

When I installed the Orbx packs they were installed but the layers were not enabled...... so everything looked the same as your seeing there. 

That's a good point, but also be sure to apply the below procedure as well.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Cheers

Doug

Ok cool guys,

I think I need some advice on the FTX Central 3 Insertion points. I have confusion there. I'll post a few screenshots of mine and perhaps I could get clearer insight on the pull down settings.  I'll post when I get home from work in a few hours.

Thanks guys!

One other thing to consider is the ground speed of the aircraft. Many (most) systems can't draw the textures fast enough when the aircraft is very low and very fast. What happens when you use a GA aircraft at 120 knots? Do the textures look any better? If not then ignore what I just said.........Doug

Hello all,

I've included a few screenshots of my FTX central, are these settings correct? Thanks in advance! 

P.S. I was flying very slow when I took those terrain shots. But thanks so much for the suggestions! I appreciate it. 

FTX-central-01.JPG

FTX-central-02.JPG

7 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi, welcome to the forums,

Just to start, I don't think your graphics card can handle the high settings you are forcing on it, try reducing the settings to something very conservative and see if it makes a difference. :)

Cheers

Doug

2GB GCU Memory is the Minimum system requirement for V4.

Suggest you'll try first with the Default graphic setting before moving sliders to max.

And try it with Bonanza A36, not with F-35.

Cheers

Sam

Hello.

This is completely wrong and most likely the cause of what you are seeing.

FTX-central-02.JPG

The FTX icon should be placed just below the lowest of any other addon scenery that you may have.

If you have no other add on scenery, it should be placed at the top of the library.

The OLC icon should be placed just below the FTX icon.

Don't forget to click on Save.

Hi Nick,

Pardon my confusion, but what is the The FTX and OLC icon? I don't see any "icons" ?

1) In the The FTX pull down I selected (at the top of the scenery library)

2) In the OpenLC pull-down I chose "Bathymetry" which is the next thing on the pull-down list jsut below FTX like you said. Or that's how I interpreted what you said.

See attachment.

Thanks!

FTX-central-03.JPG

Hi 

Leave the the top "FTX" insertion point as you have it, which is correct only if you have no other addon scenery.

Then move the FTX entry back to where you currently have Bathymetry for the "openLC" insertion point, so it is the same as in Nick's image, and don't forget to click "Save". :)

Cheers

Doug

Excuse me. I'm not trying to be difficult.  But where is the "layers"  switch you guys keep talking about.

I too am getting -0- graphics intput with the Orbx scenery that has worked so well prior to my installation of P3Dv4.  I too am getting the default terrain features and NO windmills at/nearr KPSP (Palm Springs).  I have no idea where this "click on the layers" box or selection is.  In the scenery?  Scenery of what? P3D or FTX?  Don't see it in either place.   And per the forums I have always been told FTX scenry always goes on top of all other scenery then what ever else falls in place.

I read what is written here but am confused by this "layers" thing you guys mention.

Hello.

Please go to the settings page in FTX Central.

There you will see the Insertion Point tool.

Place the FTX icon, that is the block of letters "FTX"  just below

the lowest of any other addon scenery you may have.

Place the OLC icon just below that and click on Save.

Archived