New Motherboard

davenicoll

Hi Guys,

With Windows 7 just around the corner (I am already running the RC) I am thinking of a "Mini" upgrade...

I have my E8400 CPU running at 4.0ghz so I am not thinking of changing that unless you guys think differently.

I have a GTX260 card...That is staying...

A good modular 750W Power Supply...that is also staying...

The big question is...As FSX does not utilise more than one graphics card which is the best motherboard out there for it...

I currently have a Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R board...That only runs DDR2 memory...I have 4 gig of Corsair Dominator 1066

Is it worth upgrading to DDR3 with a new board...I was looking at the Asus P5Q3 Deluxe...

Your comments are most welcome as is any advice!!

Thank you!!

Personally if I were going to the expense of a new motherboard in order to use DDR3 memory then I'd also look at upgrading the processor as well, otherwise I would have thought that when you do decide to upgrad the processor you would again have to change the motherboard.

Stay with your current set up  but base it on  GB-EP45T-UD3LR MoBo with 2 X 4G Kit DDR3 1333 Patriot-Signature RAM or similar and top the CPU with the CoolMaster V8 this thing is Alien technology.

My current E6850 is now running at just 28 Deg C normally 38-40 Deg C or so. Ambient room Temp 20 Deg C. 

Archived