New Power Supply

Guest boeingqa

Guest boeingqa

Guys looking at the thermaltake toughpower 850W, or is it ok to get the 750 watt? l wasnt too sure if the 750 is too low? l have an i7 920, will be getting a GTX 275 and l have 6 gig memory.

Thx

Must take into acc l have a printer stock fans attached which there are 4.

Paul

Guest boeingqa

Maurice, its telling me l need at least a 700 watt, so would 750 be borderline? take into acc l will be using this computer only for fsx?

Thx bud

What is your particular hardware ? if the calculator says 700 Watt then this generally pretty close.

Older calculators were a bit nasty but the links shown should be pretty good. I'd go 750 just to give yourself a little breathing room.

Hi Paul,

Your case and PSU are probably the two items which you can 'future proof' to a greater degree than any others, so the 'wotif' principle is handy e.g.

wotif the new gen graphics cards in a couple of years combined with a new sim (MS Aces back in business) need more power?

wotif a new CPU (hotas for sim work) requires more juice?

etc, etc.  You get my drift - put in a big PSU and you may not have to rewire your case for five years or more. Eg my smallest PSU is 850, and largest 1200, overkill for now, but a good basis for future developments. fwiw  ;)

Archived