World and USA Extreme Landscapes

Arismac

Hmmm . well I will preface my comments by stating the obvious:  this is an FTX forum.

I seem to remember that I purchased World Extreme Landscapes (basically mesh for FSX) - but not USA Extreme landscapes some time ago.,

I currently have neither installed.

I would (impartially) suggest that you save your money and buy Orbx PNW when it is released ...... (whenever that is)

It will be an impressive integrated package, and mix and match mesh addons are more likely to cause problems than really enhance your experience.

Just my opinion.

In the interim there are some freeware addons available for other parts of the world.

World extreme landscapes will NOT enhance Australia.

Many thanks Ian. I already learned to respect your opinion and will certainly take your advice. My wallet got burned when I brought the Perth scenery from Newport which I then installed but never seen other than in the form of a multi-hue mud flat. Yuck

They're just 76m resoluton mesh for the world (and also Australia, like Holgermesh we give away for free). It wil provide terrain mesh for other parts of the world, but I believe there are better choices for mesh out there now; do some digging around and you'll find quality freeware and payware products that provide better than 76m resolution.

Archived