Winter textures in summer

twinding

Hi 

I have a problem with my textures. I have winter textures wih snow even though the date is 2017-05-31.

I have had this problem before but cannot remember how I solved it.

I have all the orbx global packages. This picture is from the Aerosoft Frankfurt airport.

BTW. It is so good customer care you have regarding the free upgrades of your packages to P3D v4. Thank you very much.

Cheers

Thomas

winterinsummer.jpg

Hi there,

the FTX Norway custom seasons file extends only a few km beyond the NOR boundary, certainly not to Frankfurt. Also, it doesn't call winter textures in summer.

Are you perhaps starting your flight from a saved situation? If the current or saved flight situation includes weather with active snowfall then the sim will automatically switch ground textures to hard winter, regardless of sim date.

Note that your scenerly library order is incorrect; the openLC entries should be below the FTX entries and your thrid-party airport add-ons should be above the FTX entries. Please use the library insertion point tool in FTX Central to select and save your bottom-most third-party add-airport entry for the FTX entries and then "FTX" as the insertion point for the openLC entries.

Cheers, Holger

Hi

Just tried what Holger suggested but still no luck. I still have the winter landscape. If I enter the Scenery Library menu, make NO changes and press OK. P3D will reload the scenery,  it loads the correct textures, but it is a but annoying. especially because I did not have this problem until som days/weeks ago. I can not think of any changes that I have made.

Holger: I have changed the library order and attached a new image. I guess that should be OK now, right? I do not start the simulator from a save flight

sceneryLib_2.jpg

Hi there,

that's now the correct order for the scenery library.

Your additional description of the issue sounds like the sim is pre-loading the default scenario -- perhaps in your case one that is set to winter? -- which causes the wrong textures to display until you force a reload. The original default flight is set to autumn and causes the same behavior (with fall textures) unless the "Use System Time for Default Scenario" checkbox is set; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/115735-fall-colors-during-spring-in-orbx-wales-orbx-global-with-lc/#comment-1039176 

Cheers, Holger

Archived