Graphics card

Well then chaps just bought my KFA2 1080Ti will be here sometime tomorrow so I will see what it can do in P3DV3 im not moving to V4 for a month or two yet then with a bit of luck I will also have a new 4K monitor to go with it. As ive said its not a reason to get this just because of V4 but I want to move up to 4K and see what a difference that makes to my simmimg experience, im sure it will enhance things moving up from my GTX 970 which has been a fantastic card for the last couple of years.

cheers

Iain

51 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Well then chaps just bought my KFA2 1080Ti will be here sometime tomorrow so I will see what it can do in P3DV3 im not moving to V4 for a month or two yet then with a bit of luck I will also have a new 4K monitor to go with it. As ive said its not a reason to get this just because of V4 but I want to move up to 4K and see what a difference that makes to my simmimg experience, im sure it will enhance things moving up from my GTX 970 which has been a fantastic card for the last couple of years.

cheers

Iain

You will not be disappointed lain.From the GTX 970 to the GTX 1080 Ti. It's a big jump!

I replaced my GTX 970 by GTX 1080 and I'm very happy with.Then I can imagine with GTX 1080 Ti...what is it going to be!

Looking forward to see your new 4K shots lain!

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

cheers

Iain

Congrats Iain, I agree with Filou. I jumped from a 980 GTX to a 1080 GTX and I use a 4K monitor. The results are stunning, in my opinion, and I think you and your wonderful screenshots will fall in love :) I just love the sharp, crisp clarity of 4k and the 1080 cards handle 4k resolutions extremely well in P3D and other applications.

I switched to 4k few weeks ago... Currently I really can't look at PC components stores as GTX1080Ti is something what I really NEED :) as my Current GTX1080 (bought at relase day) is old with low performance, but I MUST resist, I will wait for Volta.

On 5/26/2017 at 0:29 PM, goodperson36 said:

Well I just purchased the TITAN I am excited thank you guys for the help now am broke LOL 

GTXTITANZ-12GD5 ASUS GeForce GTX TITAN Z 12GB GDDR5 768-Bit PCI Express 3.0 DVI/HDMI/ DisplayPort/ HDCP Support Video Graphics Card

Go big or go home! Big dawg!

4 hours ago, Jiri Kocman said:

I switched to 4k few weeks ago... Currently I really can't look at PC components stores as GTX1080Ti is something what I really NEED :) as my Current GTX1080 (bought at relase day) is old with low performance, but I MUST resist, I will wait for Volta.

A worthy point.

When will the next version or whatever they are called likely to be released by Nvidia?  I've got a 1060 and wish I got a 1070.  An 1170 or 1180 or whatever they call them will be on the cards whenever they decide to turn up.  Can't see the point of getting a 1070 now.

7 hours ago, skydivemayday said:

A worthy point.

When will the next version or whatever they are called likely to be released by Nvidia?  I've got a 1060 and wish I got a 1070.  An 1170 or 1180 or whatever they call them will be on the cards whenever they decide to turn up.  Can't see the point of getting a 1070 now.

Rumors says that NV Volta GPUs can be revealed dorung fall/winter this year. Not exact date not exact cards, just rumors. But be sure that Volta will arrive sooner or later. I bought 1080 that I will keep it at least 2yrs, so currently Im at half way and I expect that new generation will be on market this time next year

39 minutes ago, Jiri Kocman said:

Rumors says that NV Volta GPUs can be revealed dorung fall/winter this year. Not exact date not exact cards, just rumors. But be sure that Volta will arrive sooner or later. I bought 1080 that I will keep it at least 2yrs, so currently Im at half way and I expect that new generation will be on market this time next year

38 minutes ago, Jiri Kocman said:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/54148/volta-based-geforce-cards-coming-2018-48gb-gddr6/index.html

Since the consumer wanted higher resolutions more AA, the Volta was being worked on. It's supposed to be the replacement for the 1000 series cards with upwards of 48 GB of vRam with DDR6 memory. Another possible option also for the next fee years will be a 6-core processor and DDR 4 memory. 

Well I currently have a EVGA 1070 FTW2. Money for a 1080 has gone into my 6 Core CPU clocked @ 4.1 GHz on water.

Overclocked that thing to over 2,1 GHz Core and  4100 MHz memory and I have a pretty good 4K performance in P3D V4.

Made a flight in the F-22 around FlyTampas Dubai with nearly everything maxed out in 4K and got around 40 FPS. Further I have REX 4 with soft clouds installed. 

My plan is to wait vor Volta as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, I've been away from simming for ~ 8years and some things (video card debates) NEVER change! :)

So, here's my old system, minus the GTX 260 that I'm sure many of you will laugh at that I've gotten out of storage and am setting it up in a garage/workshop, attached to a Samsung 32" tv/monitor. Thinking about a cheap way to get better performance of FSX/FS9 and the old way used to be to upgrade the videocard.

Looking for an under-$200 card that will allow me to enjoy FSX and Orb X Pacific Northwest. Thoughts?

TIA

system.jpg

Archived