FTX Global Vector can't be configured

HHH3

Oddly, FTX Global Vector shows as installed in both my FSXSE and P3D sim scenery libraries.  However, when I try to configure FTX Global Vector, I get an error message saying "No installed simulator was found on your system.  FTX Vector Configuration will now exit."  How can that be possible and how can I fix it?

Hi,

From what I can see you have Vector installed in FSX and FSX-SE, no indication of P3d. Just to check, please make sure you have the FTX Vector folders in your P3d Folder. For example. C/P3D/ORBX/FTX VECTOR. you should have 7 (seven) folders and a Vector Configurator. Please also take a look at Nick Cooper's post found below.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to FTX Global Vector can't be configured

Hello Richard,

Well, I'm glad you found me after our e-mails, but I'm not totally sure what's happening.  I did have 2 posts, but they were for different (at least in my mind) things, so I'm not sure why the other one was locked.  Maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough, but that one was because the areas I have in FTXCv3 all show up in FSX-SE, but very few show up in P3D.  I guess it might be part of the same problem afflicting Vector, but the Vector problem seems different, to me. 

I went to Windows Explorer and opened my P3D/ORBX folders; I noted that I only have 5 Vector folders vs. the 7 you indicated.  Also, in the ORBX folder there's a Vector Configuration Tool.  I tried to open it and got exactly the same error as when I try to configure Vector in FTXCv3 (see attached file).  I haven't reopened FSX-SE or P3D to verify what Vector files they have, but as I recall the Vector files listed in both scenery libraries have the Vector AEC file checked, but greyed out (can't be unchecked) - whatever that means.

As I think I mentioned, I'm not a tech person and one area of a computer that I NEVER touch is the Registry.  I saw another comment from Nick which gave a link to the FTX Registry Utility.  I downloaded it (hoping it would be user friendly for a non-tech person - it isn't) and just set it aside.  I know that things may seem like very simple, kids stuff, to some (if not most users), but I'm in the septuagenarian club and some things just don't click.  The very odd thing is that I can fly a real C172 (as well as one in a sim) with no problems, but it's the computer side of simming that continues to stumble me.  Unfortunately, that may kick me out of the box for getting assistance, and, if so, what can I say (sorry, I'm the loser, but as I said, I don't do well with forums, and if I can't figure something out on my own, I go to the vendors tech support for direct help with their products...).  I'm really open to suggestions, but I suspect I'm dead.

Anyway, as an aside, I just happened to find your responses.  I thought I'd seen somewhere that when a response is posted, the person who asked the question was to get an e-mail saying that someone had posted a response, which seems reasonable so you don't know to constantly be going back and forth looking for something that's not there.  I guess that's not correct, or if it is, and there's something else I have to do to ensure I get notified, please let me know what I need to do.  Actually, I just noticed at the bottom of this page there's a check box area for "Notify me of replies" - my is checked/on, so how do I get it to work?

Thank you for your time on these questions, I appreciate it and hopefully I'm not just wasting your time.

Howard

PS:  I also tried to uninstall/reinstall Vector, but from what I saw later (and I'm not even sure I can find it again), I apparently did that wrong, too.  Seems there were some odd steps involved (vs. normal uninstalls) to actually get it uninstalled.  If I can find the post I'll try it again just to see what happens (as long as I don't have to touch the Registry).

FTX VECTOR ERROR.PNG

• 2 years later...

Hello!
I hope you still need help.
I recently faced the same problem (Global and Vector do not see FSX-SE) and I found a solution to the problem here:

But, if you want to solve the problem, you have to get into the registry (just a little bit). Despite your beliefs about the taboo on the registry. No other way.However, after reading this answer, I had to install FSX - only to register the path "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0" in the registry (and then deleted FSX)

Archived