Cloudy, again - that´s the north...

I continued my tour towards the north from Bodo over the Lofoten islands - so I could not take a dash for this route: It needed to be VFR. Not much V, unfortunately...

2017-5-19_20-6Lofoten.jpg

Svolvaer, ...

2017-5-19_20-7Svolvaer.jpg

... Higravstindan (great to use some relatively unused keys of my keyboard for this post), ...

2017-5-19_20-11Higravstindan.jpg

... over Skagen. Shortly after I lost manifold pressure, the engine power went down and the plane descended. Into fog, no airport around, but lots of mountains. I detoured into a fjord, just over sea level the power was recharged and I climbed directly to 6500 ft, well over the clouds.

2017-5-19_20-21-10-400.jpg
2017-5-19_20-24Skagen.jpg

So I could continue over Evenes...

2017-5-19_20-39Evenes.jpg

... towards the Narvikfjord. You can see the runway of Narvik below? Or not sure ...?

2017-5-19_20-42Narvikfjord.jpg

Circling down, across Emmenes...

2017-5-19_20-46Emmenes.jpg

... here the picture becomes clearer. Luckily.

2017-5-19_20-48Narvik.jpg

High, but slow enough...

2017-5-19_20-50final.jpg

...safe, ...

2017-5-19_20-50-57-519.jpg

... and confused:blink:!

2017-5-19_20-52Narvikblocked.jpg

Some more excellent shots of your tour Gerold!  And I also like the narration, you have quite the way with geography so I always enjoy learning new place names.  As for the last shot, I was gonna check it in my sim but if Bernd sees it then I reckon it'll be in mine too.  I'm sure they'll sort it out.  

Thank you for commenting, @gumbypickett and @Iain Emms.

5 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Beautiful screenies and a top plane!!!

Scott

Thanks Scott. The 337 is very easy to handle & fast - but Carenado did not enter an obvious possibility for de-icing into her (if there is any)... :blink:

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Terrific shots, Gerold and nice narration. Looking at the last screenshot, me thinks there is something wrong with your Narvik installation. Sorry that I can't be of more help right now

Thanks for the quick feedback, Bernd. Always good to have some confirmation - on the screenshots as well as on the failures.

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

I just checked, I have the same, Gerold. Very strange indeed

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Some more excellent shots of your tour Gerold!  And I also like the narration, you have quite the way with geography so I always enjoy learning new place names.  As for the last shot, I was gonna check it in my sim but if Bernd sees it then I reckon it'll be in mine too.  I'm sure they'll sort it out.  

I´ll forget lots of these names rather quick, I am sure. UNless they are repeated by others flying around there...

1 hour ago, Mr.Mugel said:

Nice shots, cool scenery, too!

Thanks, Mugel, Narvik IS great, I´ll show some more soon.

2 hours ago, magic1 said:

Nice shots - i like the way you tell a little story with your comments.

Thanks Magic. I enjoy forming some stories before, during or after the flights - usually I get some...

Beautiful weather and scenery depicted on your record of the flight Gerold.

Great narration too describing your scary moment, glad it all ended safely.

Are the lights there in the last shot to illuminate the Runway Ahead warning?:huh::wacko::unsure:

Thanks for commenting, @adambar and @paulb!

8 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Great view from Norway  i like this clouds

Patrick

Visually i can agree. But for flying (or watching the scenery) they are troublesome...

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

Super neat captures! That taxiway in your last shot is closed. It looks like this in reality as I discovered on Google Earth.

Wow, that means the scenery realism is greater than we would have expected!

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful weather and scenery depicted on your record of the flight Gerold.

Great narration too describing your scary moment, glad it all ended safely.

Are the lights there in the last shot to illuminate the Runway Ahead warning?:huh::wacko::unsure:

Thanks Martyn, I was also happy that I was able to finish that flight without cheating.

From the direction of the photographer your assumption re the runway ahead warning might make sense. From the pilot´s direction rather not, he/she would be forced to taxi back on the runway. Surprising...

Archived