Hours and hours and hours

As recommended here in the forum, I took a little detour from Bodo - with a long range plane which is suited for short runways. Unfortunately, this means to result in a slow flight. Or, in other words, the need to cheat...

Leaving Bodo...

2017-5-15_18-40Bodo.jpg
2017-5-15_18-42-43-14.jpg

... and westwards we go, over the sea...

2017-5-15_18-44westwards.jpg

... for a loooooooooooooooooooong time... - before spotting the coast of Jan Mayen. Real weather, time of the year is now. Seems to be a place to cool down...

2017-5-15_18-54JanMayen.jpg
2017-5-15_18-58-6-287.jpg

Here you can see the metropolis of the archipel. And the runway in the background...

2017-5-15_19-0ENJA.jpg

Indeed, not easy to land here.

2017-5-15_19-1-12-233.jpg

Whilst the locals do their best to keep the facilities well maintained. Cool guys, btw...

2017-5-15_19-5Groundcrew.jpg

Fantastic Gerold! Very well done! :)

I wondered if you would try that trip. Great to see that you did.

Not easy to land there. No ILS etc

Also the weather can be an issue.

Anyway - a tremendous flight! ;)

I loved it.

Cheers

Paul

Lovely set of shots, Gerold. Nice to see the Cat out and about, and I'm with Jack - it's way too cold for a T-shirt (although he looks a bit like me, insulated enough to get away with it for a short time)

Thanks for watching and commenting, @Iain Emms, @Taph, @mp1852 and @adambar!

On 17.5.2017 at 7:44 PM, BradB said:

Time fly's when your having fun Gerold . Fantastic set of shot from your trek . :D:rolleyes::)

Cheers

John

Thanks John, indeed also time flew when I speeded up this flight by some factors...

On 17.5.2017 at 7:49 PM, Bermuda425 said:

I am enthused by the spirit of adventure in these captures!

Imagine how those guys were that did the tour for the first time some 1100 years ago...

On 17.5.2017 at 8:09 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree, I love this adventure, it's like something out of an Indiana Jones movie.  But the poor guy in the short sleeves, he must be cold!

I was thinking he must be hot. At least he looks relaxed...

On 17.5.2017 at 8:51 PM, paulb said:

Fantastic Gerold! Very well done! :)

I wondered if you would try that trip. Great to see that you did.

Not easy to land there. No ILS etc

Also the weather can be an issue.

Anyway - a tremendous flight! ;)

I loved it.

Cheers

Paul

Correct, low visibility (white in white, no ILS or even a reliable ADF or VOR (there is one but I was not sure if it is in line with the runway). And the mountains to the left. Ingredients for a challenging landing.

21 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely set of shots, Gerold. Nice to see the Cat out and about, and I'm with Jack - it's way too cold for a T-shirt (although he looks a bit like me, insulated enough to get away with it for a short time)

The Cat really fits to that part of the world. And the T-shirt also, if you have other insulation.

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some very adventurous flying Gerold.

I hope you had plenty to keep you occupied on your long oceanic flight.

Oh yes, I watched some slow downloads proceeding. Quite exciting.

5 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

You and Jack should collaborate on a graphic story.  Jack doing the art work and you the narration or a mingling of the two.

I'd love it.  I write a lot of short comedy stories and of course, my goofy comics.  That would be a hoot collaborating on something like that.

14 hours ago, olderndirt said:

You and Jack should collaborate on a graphic story.  Jack doing the art work and you the narration or a mingling of the two.

Oh that is a huge compliment to me. But I can not reach the level of Jack´s comics, by far not.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd love it.  I write a lot of short comedy stories and of course, my goofy comics.  That would be a hoot collaborating on something like that.

... with your new sim settings you might be unbeatable, already on your own. I look forward to your next teaser, Jack!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

... with your new sim settings you might be unbeatable, already on your own. I look forward to your next teaser, Jack!

Thanks Gerold!  I appreciate your kind words.  I can't post too many too often as I don't know how Mr. JV feels about these comics and I'm afraid to ask.  But I'm really glad to make people happy by creating them, with Orbx's scenery they sometimes write themselves.

Archived