Exclusive! Preview screenshots from DTG Flight Sim World™

Hi everyone,

Orbx have been participating in beta testing of Flight Sim World™ and DTG today have given me permission to share some of our screenshots from testing as well as a selection of exclusive shots they have sent us.

DTG also announced that whoever has previously purchased a copy of DTG Flight School will be given Flight Sim World™ for free in their Steam account, not a bad deal! https://steamcommunity.com/app/441920

dBv0.jpg

VW9n.jpg

OaQw.jpg

Gqrv.jpg

AxGg.jpg

Wn2x.jpg

noEz.jpg

09z1.jpg

wLKP.jpg

We'll hopefully be able to share more screenshots with you soon.

On a side note, please can we keep the comments civil and not descend into 'simulator wars'? I've had to close two topics today already. I know everyone has their favourites but the reality is that a company like DTG bringing a 64-bit sim with Orbx FTX Global, AccuFEEL and many rendering and lighting enhancements is a major boost for the FS community and should be embraced as a positive thing ok?

Please also don't ask if Orbx is going to publish any content for this new platform; we just aren't ready to discuss anything of that nature until well after Early Access; it's just too early for most developers to expect to make announcements yet. What I will say is that as a team we're excited about new platforms and are always seeking new opportunities to drive market growth for our addons.

Enjoy the shots!

John, thank you very much for sharing these screenshots.
I understand that for most people images speak more and louder than words, but I would be interested to know your personal evaluation of the sim at this stage, taking into account that it is still at an early access level etc. If and to the extent possible within your NDA agreement, of course.

Thank you in advance

Filippo Nesi

1 hour ago, barrel_owl said:

John, thank you very much for sharing these screenshots.
I understand that for most people images speak more and louder than words, but I would be interested to know your personal evaluation of the sim at this stage, taking into account that it is still at an early access level etc. If and to the extent possible within your NDA agreement, of course.

Thank you in advance

Filippo Nesi

You're correct, we're under NDA so at this time we are not permitted to share any feedback from beta testing. 

40 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfit said:

Looks good, and the inclusion of Accusim really has my attention.

It's AccuFEEL, not AccuSIM. Those are two totally different things that only have in common that they are fed into the simulator from outside via SimConnect. I actually loved AccuFeel when I still was flying on FSX, it's ground handling, water handling, wind handling. That's one of the few things I missed when I went over to P3D.

Although I will most probably transition to P3D4 I still see FSW as good opportunity to get fresh blood into the simulation world - from those unwashed masses who hardly leave Steam :lol:

Hello Vora,

as requested, please keep the comments to the subject of the topic.

There is no need here to mention or draw comparisons with any other simulator

or even to state your personal preferences for any of them.

It has all been said already and the topics closed.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Vora said:

It's AccuFEEL, not AccuSIM. Those are two totally different things that only have in common that they are fed into the simulator from outside via SimConnect. I actually loved AccuFeel when I still was flying on FSX, it's ground handling, water handling, wind handling. That's one of the few things I missed when I went over to P3D.

Yes my bad I meant Accufeel, not Accusim. I do know the difference. I can also tell you that Accufeel works in P3D. Can install with Migration Tool or by creating a dummy FSX.exe in your P3D folder. I don't use it anymore because ChasePlane covers many of my favorite Accufeel features. I have a feeling the 2 addons would conflict.

Accufeel working natively and built-in to FSW is brilliant. It also means that A2A may already be working with DT. I am pleasantly surprised and am gaining confidence in this product. If it has a solid ATC, and will be compatible with Orbx products, REX, ASN and A2A Accusim, I will buy it for sure.

Licensing the A2A Accusim aircraft for the 3RD TIME will sting a bit.

Was very happy to here that DTG will be giving a free copy to those of us who bought a copy of Flight School. Is very nice of them to do so.

Also, it's great that Orbx are working with DTG, and can't wait to see more of FSW. Apart from Global Base, is there any news on further global packages like Vector, OpenLC etc for FSW?

18 minutes ago, Paul_Blythe said:

Was very happy to here that DTG will be giving a free copy to those of us who bought a copy of Flight School. Is very nice of them to do so.

Also, it's great that Orbx are working with DTG, and can't wait to see more of FSW. Apart from Global Base, is there any news on further global packages like Vector, OpenLC etc for FSW?

Look at John's introducing post, you have to scroll to bottom. Currently there is nothing known, but we can guessing :)

Got it, just hoping ... can see that DTG have been working with various content developers to bring in different elements to the core of FSW. Once it's into Early Access, and NDA's are lifted, hopefully we'll get some pleasing info from various developers :)

DTG's Flight School was my fist introduction to flight sims. Dovetail's team were a pleasant bunch to deal with when reporting any bugs or issues. If done right, early access will be hugely beneficial to the development of FSW.

John, I have read twice your post up there and I don't see what is your relation with this FS?

I would swear that I saw somewhere that they are using global?

Ben

22 minutes ago, Benny said:

John, I have read twice your post up there and I don't see what is your relation with this FS?

I would swear that I saw somewhere that they are using global?

Ben

From JV above - "but the reality is that a company like DTG bringing a 64-bit sim with Orbx FTX Global, AccuFEEL and many rendering and lighting enhancements is a major boost for the FS community and should be embraced as a positive thing ok?

TTM

Looks great John, I like it and may get it as I can get it for free.

I don't know if you can answer this but will our existing scenery work with it?  Will we have to re-buy scenery?

Will there be an Orbx Direct?

Again, I know because of the NDA's you may not be able to answer any of these and that's ok too.

Nice job, I like what I see.

Cheers

2017 continues to be the amazing year for PC Flight Simming as many including John had predicted.

FSW certainly looks like it is off to a good start for what we can see already in the screenshots: Night lighting, clouds, shadows, seasons, detailed scenery as well as Accufeel, orbx Global and Trees.

A very good start indeed. And for those of us that bought "School" as many did, its automatically available for free. Thank you DTG. All we need is continued patience. Good times ahead.

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I don't know if you can answer this but will our existing scenery work with it?  Will we have to re-buy scenery?

I think this indirectly answers your question:

17 hours ago, John Venema said:

Please also don't ask if Orbx is going to publish any content for this new platform

The rain effects look quite nice, but other than that unfortunately I do have to say it seems to be very close to what I already have with P3D V3.4.

Now of course the biggest thing for FSW will be 64bits, which I hope effectively ends the OOM's and bluries (would be great if you could elaborate a bit on that aspect, but it'll probably fall under the NDA regime...).

One thing I do hope you can shed some light on; what is OrbX's position to the alleged DT position to only allow addons if they are also sold via STEAM? Multiple high-end developers like OrbX have already made statements (I'm sure you know who) and none of them sounded hopefull....

Still hopefull FSW will turn out to become a nice addition to the market and time will tell if it will be able to take it's marketshare next to XP, P3D and AeroFly FS.

The scenery in those shots is definitely vanilla Global Base... but the aircraft has that full payware look to them, plus the rain effect which I miss in P3D. Early Access for FSW should be interesting.

Personally don't think having content available to purchase through Steam is a big issue. I use Digital Combat Simulator World and Race Room Race Experience, both offer content via their own web store and Stream. Never had any conflicts, and content is either automatically updated or added to your account with an activation key. 

Hello 

just a reminder, please stick to the subject of this topic.

This is not about P3D or any other rival simulator.

It is not about preferences for one simulator over another.

It is not about requesting comments that are subject to the NDA.

It is not about Steam or its marketing methods.

It is most definitely not about the position of any developers in relation

to either Steam or this new simulator.

That subject is not up for debate in these forums, there are plenty of

opportunities elsewhere.

It is the opportunity to view some screen shots and comment on them

if you wish.

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Paul_Blythe said:

Personally don't think having content available to purchase through Steam is a big issue. I use Digital Combat Simulator World and Race Room Race Experience, both offer content via their own web store and Stream. Never had any conflicts, and content is either automatically updated or added to your account with an activation key. 

Read this:link removed

If true, I do understand what problems developers could have with purchases through Steam....

Hello,

It is most definitely not about the position of any developers in relation

to either Steam or this new simulator.

That subject is not up for debate in these forums, there are plenty of

opportunities elsewhere.

18 hours ago, John Venema said:

a major boost for the FS community

Agreed. Regardless of what my opinion is about this sim, it is great that so much is happening in the flightsim scene! Some 8 years ago I seriously thought things were coming to an end regarding the simulation of flight but look at where we are now. Exciting times.

2 hours ago, J van E said:

I think this indirectly answers your question:

Must have missed that, sorry.  I only asked because I thought it was Orbx Global in the screens.  If Orbx supports it and P3D 64 turn out to be a dud then I'd re-buy my Orbx stuff just so I don't have OOM's any more.

It definitly looks great, and as others pointed out I've never seen rain look so real, it looks like water's on my monitor.

I too thought it was getting close to the end of flight simulation but with this it shows there's a strong attraction for simulating flight, the more the better as this will only benefit us in the long run.

25 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I only asked because I thought it was Orbx Global in the screens.

Well, it actually is Orbx Global which you see on the screens: Global is the default scenery for this sim! ;) But that's all we know about Orbx and FSW for now.

The lighting looks nice, and the colours seem to have had a boost, with a nice Rayleigh scattering effect in the distance (it looks not too far off my current PTA config)... The rain effects looks very good indeed.

If they get cloud shadows working then this is going to be a good looking simulator.

Thanks John.

The airplanes and especially the VC raindrops look really good.  I'm looking forward to finding out more about how they fly and the feeling of flight.

The ground textures are blurry not just in the distance but even up close.  Its like everything has been smoothed out.  I feel that the autogen may be too small (just my opinion).

When I saw the announcement video I had thought that maybe they just didn't add "Negative LOD bias set to Clamp" or a good level of anisotropic filtering but Im sure JV would have done that so who knows whats going on.  It will be worked out.

The sky looks like the sky here today.  there are a lot of high wispy barely noticeable cirrus but it washes out what would be an otherwise darker sky -- not as dark as in my avatar photo because that's a stopped down photo -- but still a bit darker.

The clouds seem quite monotone and Im now convinced that that is just DX11.  The announcement video shows some very dark clouds so Im guessing the clouds will be basically monotone but yet get quite dark in rainy stormy weather.  Once they add in cloud shadows and other weather induced ground lighting changes it should be good.

All in all, I think it has great promise and its awesome to have alternatives.

10 minutes ago, sightseer said:

The clouds seem quite monotone and Im now convinced that that is just DX11.

The cloud lighting does disappoint a little from what I've seen (it's either too light or too dark, with no real shading) but it is an improvement over Flight School so, hopefully this will be improved further over time, or maybe there will be an opportunity to modify some aspects, either ourselves, or via a third party.

There is some very nice poor weather atmospherics on display in the above shots, which looks highly promising.

15 minutes ago, sightseer said:

I feel that the autogen may be too small (just my opinion).

Has this actually changed?.... AGN has always been over-scaled and I would welcome a reduction, esp. in tree height.

8 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Has this actually changed?.... AGN has always been over-scaled and I would welcome a reduction, esp. in tree height.

I think you misread me.  I think the autogen appears too small.  The first shot shows some two story houses and their bases aren't even as wide as the vector roads.  The trees in several shots appear smaller than the trees embedded in the textures underneath.

Its just my opinion but theres something 'off' about it.

5 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Not sure :unsure: ... You're saying the Autogen is smaller than it is in FSX/P3D yes? which is what I thought you meant.

OK.  sorry.  We agree then :)

If I had my way, the entire world would look like the New Zealand regions.  they're monstrously good.

I do not like that screens with heavy, mostly black skies and clouds, but daytime is ok, nice improvement from Flight School. And of course I worry little bit about blurries.

Rain effect is really interesting and in motion even more. . Looking forward to NDA will gone.

Archived