What would you do, What would you do?

Guest boeingqa

Guest boeingqa

Just checked under the bios and the PCI-E was at auto 1.5, this is crazy LOL l`ve never seen this b4 .

l`ve had a few computers in the past running fs2004 and fsx but never had l had these problems.

Thanks maurice

Paul

NO That is not the voltage levels I was quirying , the voltages I'd like to know about are the actual pin voltages in the supply lines from the PSU and compare them to a known value.

Nothing to do with the BIOS, too many people muck about in the bios causing more issues than you can imaging.

I recently changed from ATI back to Nvidia...so from a 3870 512 OC Card to the GTX275.

First time I ran FSX, I crashed to desktop after about 15 mins.

Deleted my FSX.cfg entirely and let the system set it back up. Have never had one stutter since and no CTD.

That would be the first thing I would do. If you want to reference your old fsx.cfg just rename it to fsx.bak and a new one will be created but the old one won't be deleted.

Sounds like however you have it all plugged in correct.

Guest boeingqa

Nah thanks bud it`s a new install, also l`ve tried deleting the old cfg and let fsx create a new one. still problems.

l will buy a new card

Thx bud

at least if l have the same problem, l will know it wont be the VC.

Thx

Paul

The smart money says you contact the manufacturer of the PSU and seek actual line voltages for the PSU and then compare this with readings gained from a multimeter while the PC is running as is.

I realise this is going to be time consuming BUT it's better than spending $500 on a graphics card that you possibly wouldn't need to, ie prove the PSU is faultless before jumping the gun.

Yes I know this is a pain in the ass but if you are ever going to learn anything about your system and how to diagnose problems and maintain it then this is the way you learn. Start from the power in and work your way through.

There are far too many people who simply run off and format because they are too lazy to find the root cause of errors so they can be fixed or prevented in future.

I'm not implying that you or others here do but it needs to be said, the prevent or rectify errors we all need to understand what is causing them, in this way reports and other information can be sent to the relevant manufacturers and adjustments made thus benefiting everyone.

Guest boeingqa

Guys just bought a temp card a 8400gs.. still shakes and jerks alot. Looks your right maurice, could be PS related than VC.

l was looking at the same PS as JV. If l do go for a new PS, l`m going to strip down my PC to the absolute nothing clean and start

from scratch. Now l did sell my card, stupid me LOL but was looking at a XfX GTX 275 xxx 1 gig.

If its not the PS well blow me hehehehe

l`m sure we can work this out.

Regards

Paul

Archived