Defused and back - careful, I do mention the war

No good day for flying today, as we were amongst the 50.000 plus people that had to be evacuated for 10 hours from Hanover, because 3 unexploded british bombs had to be excavated and defused. The second biggest evacuation in Germany after the war. An experience that we probably share with the English, while Americans and Australians stay in comfort. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39828327 

The experts work was successful, so I could also try to make a successful job, moving from Copenhagen to Norway for explorations of the sales purchases...

Ready for boarding.

2017-5-6_19-25EKCH.jpg

Into position onto the 22L...

2017-5-6_19-4122L.jpg

... and taking off with a beautiful Oeresund view:

2017-5-6_19-44Oeresund.jpg

Copenhagen to the left, Malmö to the right.

2017-5-6_19-48CPHMalmoe.jpg

Approaching into Oslo gardermoen from the north...

2017-5-6_20-47-28-105.jpg
2017-5-6_20-51Oslo.jpg

... into the brakes!

2017-5-6_20-52-59-369.jpg

ENGM has quite satisfying detail in Orbx NOR, even without any further addition:

2017-5-6_20-56ENGM.jpg

Now I hope that virtual Norway will give me good weather in the next weeks!

I sure wouldn't like to do that job, thank goodness everyone's safe.

But Gerold, we may not have WWII UXO's but we do have a missing plutonium bomb in North Carolina and another off the coast of Georgia where I live.

I love these shots and narration and I have to agree, the first one is superb!

Top draw Gerold and I shall be anticipating more of the same throughout your Norse exploration.

I read about the evacuation on the BBC last night and immediately thought about you.

So sad to read about the 3 UXB experts that paid the ultimate price a few years back in a similar situation.

Thanks for your compliments re the shots, it is always a pleasure to make them - as well as to read your comments!

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I sure wouldn't like to do that job, thank goodness everyone's safe.

But Gerold, we may not have WWII UXO's but we do have a missing plutonium bomb in North Carolina and another off the coast of Georgia where I live.

I love these shots and narration and I have to agree, the first one is superb!

Missing plutonium bombs surely is another dimension. Whichever generation will find them on an unlucky day...

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Top draw Gerold and I shall be anticipating more of the same throughout your Norse exploration.

I read about the evacuation on the BBC last night and immediately thought about you.

So sad to read about the 3 UXB experts that paid the ultimate price a few years back in a similar situation.

a ) I also look forward! The sun shines long up there now, good for a real-weather-real-time-after-work-flyer...

b ) The accident happened in the south of our state. They worked the same way as here with the last, damaged & corroded initiator, but obviously there was some mistake.

12 hours ago, luckyb52 said:

Nice set, Gerold!

Best,

Lucky :)

/////////////

Thanks, Lucky!

4 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Magical shots, Gerold !!

I'm afraid there are still some more leftovers from WW2 in our grounds, also in the rhine ruhr area. I don't want to know, how much.

Cheers

Bluebear

Thanks, Bluebear.

If the BBC article I linked above is right, in one single night 216000 bombs were dropped over one single city. And this was not the maximum all over the country. If only one percent of those was dropped so far away from all military targets as the recent ones, we still have some to expect.

OK, today we can celebrate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_in_Europe_Day , let us do so!

1 hour ago, teecee said:

We look at the war from both sides old mate.. Thanks for your sensitive handling.. and your great shots.. Terry.

PS. in the middle of a complete reinstall..YUCK!

Absolutely. England has suffered a lot as well from those ... can´t name them.

Today´s problems of frequent re-installs are a pain as well. But these kind of desks sometimes need a complete cleanup.

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Sweet set of shots Gerold! :)

11 hours ago, BradB said:

Superb shots from your trip to the North Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you, Adam and John. I´ll continue soon...

Archived