Once again - PayPal?

Mallard

Just a quick question: will ORBX as a business continue to be about the only developer (and in this case also solo-retailer) in the flightsim-world not to offer potential customers the option of paying through PayPal?

Cheers

Mallard

I yesterday tried to purchase two Airports, and saw no mention of Stripe, I was simply asked to put my card details online, which I really do not wish to do..What is stripe and how does one Join? Teecee.

4 minutes ago, teecee said:

I yesterday tried to purchase two Airports, and saw no mention of Stripe, I was simply asked to put my card details online, which I really do not wish to do..What is stripe and how does one Join? Teecee.

Stripe is just a payment processor, like paypal (card charging), you just don't have to go to another site, so there is no 'joining'.

Personally I just spent 125$ and have used Stripe before.

6 minutes ago, teecee said:

Have a read of this Teecee it will explain.

cheers

Iain

Sorry, I am 79 years old, and I can not put what money I have at risk..Paypal worked for me, I know nothing of Stripe, so will not be making further purchases until I see a secure system in place. It is a great pity, as I have been a customer of Orbx since it's conception, but there it is..  Teecee.

Hi Terry,

If you'd like to get technical, Stripe's security requirements are available publicly: https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe

In short, card details are sent from our web page to Stripe over an HTTPS connection, you can view our security certificate on any browser. Once handled by Stripe, if you choose to save card details they are encrypted and stored on Stripe's servers. It is much the same as the other major processors, PayPal and Square.

1 hour ago, teecee said:

Sorry, I am 79 years old, and I can not put what money I have at risk..Paypal worked for me, I know nothing of Stripe, so will not be making further purchases until I see a secure system in place. It is a great pity, as I have been a customer of Orbx since it's conception, but there it is..  Teecee.

https://memberful.com/blog/stripe-vs-paypal/

Good grief! 

Folks, you say you trust PayPal? I did as well, but Orbx don't and have very good reasons to not want to deal with them. What John Venema described earlier is almost nothing short of theft, and I wouldn't use them either, so I'm happy to use Stripe.

Stripe works perfectly for me, and is in many ways easier and safer as far as I can see it. 

Having had my credit card hacked twice using it for on line flight sim purchases I will not do that again.  I have used Paypal multiple times with no problem.  I have a lot of Orbx scenery and would love to have more in South America, but I will only use Paypal on line from now on.

Teecee: Stripe is very secure; there are many reports online confirming this independent of Stripe themselves. You can take a look at their customers list here: https://stripe.com/gb/customers. There are some huge businesses on that list which handle insane amounts of money; they would not be using Stripe if it was unsecure.

If however you will only use PayPal, I've heard there is a PayPal Mastercard you can get. It operates the same as a debit card, but everything goes through your PayPal account.

What I have is a Debit/Credit Card from my local bank

I put a few dollars on it every month ($200) for FS purchases

If someone hacks this card no big deal-it is not my main card I use all the time, and that never is used on the Internet

Rick

BTW ,teecee-I am 65 and pay all my bills with checks,just do not like auto debit........

I think this provides enough information for everybody to make informed decisions regarding their purchases.

Again, we will announce if this changes but for now our only payment processor is Stripe using a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express debit or credit card.

Archived